Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 AM

407 posts, read 851,484 times

Advertisements

As far as hospitals in "northern Charlotte", Presby Huntersville is immediately off I77 exit 23 but don't forget Lake Norman Medical Center at I77 exit 33. Both very new facilities. Birkdale Village exit 25 I77. When we finally move into our home in BV I hope my wife will find her job at one of these hospitals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 12:44 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanokers View Post
As per our previous conversations, NC is as far south as I am willing to go. Maybe it is just some arbitrary line, but in my mind I can't imagine ever moving to South Carolina. No offense to anyone, but I just can't do it. Thanks for all of the advice though, I will incorporate all into my search.

Well, just FYI, you are eliminating an area with better schools and lower taxes by not looking into the SC areas listed. Heck, Lake Wylie and Fort Mill are so close they are considered Charlotte Metro Area, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, just FYI, you are eliminating an area with better schools and lower taxes by not looking into the SC areas listed. Heck, Lake Wylie and Fort Mill are so close they are considered Charlotte Metro Area, if I'm not mistaken.
Exactly!! What's up with THAT?? I love Lake Wylie and would live there in a heartbeat if I could.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:51 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly!! What's up with THAT?? I love Lake Wylie and would live there in a heartbeat if I could.
I love Lake Wylie, too, and Ft. Mill is a great area, as well. I think from what Roanoker has said, he just doesn't want to go further south than S. CLT.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I love Lake Wylie, too, and Ft. Mill is a great area, as well. I think from what Roanoker has said, he just doesn't want to go further south than S. CLT.
What it sounded like he said to me was that he has a prejudice against South Carolina But hey, if lower taxes, great schools and one of the better commutes to uptown Charlotte doesn't appeal to him, that's his choice!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
What it sounded like he said to me was that he has a prejudice against South Carolina But hey, if lower taxes, great schools and one of the better commutes to uptown Charlotte doesn't appeal to him, that's his choice!
Well, to tell the truth. . . when we moved back here, I flat out refused to even consider anything in SC b/c I wanted to be registered in NC and vote for NC candidates for Gov and Congress. I don't feel that way now . . . should have been more open and maybe I would be in Tega Cay right now (cause that is where my realtor really pushed for me to consider). I have no hangups now about SC and so would move there - in fact, kick myself every so often cause I truly love Tega Cay.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 PM

109 posts, read 397,558 times
Quote:
No I don't have a prejudice again SC, but being a black man, with a white wife and two kids...I'm worried that SC might be prejudiced against me. Again not trying to offend anyone, but it is a real concern for me and my families well being.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
No I don't have a prejudice again SC, but being a black man, with a white wife and two kids...I'm worried that SC might be prejudiced against me. Again not trying to offend anyone, but it is a real concern for me and my families well being.
The funny thing is, you'll probably see more interracial couples and families in the Charlotte metro region, including the part that stretches over into SC, than you do wherever you live now!

Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 PM

109 posts, read 397,558 times
Quote:
The funny thing is, you'll probably see more interracial couples and families in the Charlotte metro region, including the part that stretches over into SC, than you do wherever you live now!
Okay, Okay...you get some cool points for that one, you are probably right. I'll tell you what, give me the names of the areas in SC that would be "friendly" places, and I will drive down there on my visit and check it out. When we get back I'll let you know what I think.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I can understand your concerns. One of my friends won't even come see us here b/c 50 years ago he had a traumatic experience in eastern NC. I am hoping he will give NC another chance. He won't go further South than DC/NoVA.

I think you are gonna feel good about being in Charlotte, tho. At least, I hope so. I think you would find Ft. Mill a good place to live, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte