Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 PM

16 posts, read 54,644 times

Advertisements

thank you to all the post I appreciate all the opinions and help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 09:27 PM

32 posts, read 94,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msthang104 View Post
Hi, I'm 23 years old and in may I will be graduating from college with a Bachelor in Business Mgmt. After graduation I want to move to Charlotte, NC. I heard charlotte is a good location for young professional, plus I feel it's a beautiful city. Is there a lot of young professional black men? (i'm single looking to mingle...lol) Actually race isn't a issue, cause I'm open to any man to treat me right...just preferably a black. I know the job market is booming, but what area is suitable for a young, single, with no children woman to reside at. I'm able to spend up to 700. I want to live by social area, but not bad part. I hope to also go to UNC charlotte in the fall to get my master. Really any information would be helpful and truly appreciated about the city of Charlotte.
I agree, this place is not what it is cracked up to be. My son age 25 moved to LA. He lived in NYC for about 1 year after he graduated from college. He stayed here for 6 months and did not like it. I will be relocating next year, I am researching the areas myself. I lived in Atlanta for 10 years and should have stayed. Good luck on the job market, because I have not made a decent salary since I lived here (2001) I have been layed off and terminated and told I was not a good fit. I have a BA degree and a lot of admin. experience.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:41 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,713,202 times
Default No...Thank You!

Quote:
It's nice to see a poster that comes here for help, reads the answers, and thanks the people that gave their time to the OP.

All too often that's not the case.

Your welcome and good luck
J

Old 10-29-2008, 08:12 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,400,488 times
Charlotte is a very diverse and accepting city, IMO. But, I'm a white male, so maybe I just don't "see" it. We've got several black neighbors who are all transplants here and I have yet to hear them complain about any race issues, etc, since they've been here, FWIW.

Charlotte isn't that different from anywhere else. You will find good and bad experiences, good and bad people, good and bad neighborhoods.

A lot of the enjoyment of ANYPLACE you decide to live is your attitude and "what you make of it".

Compared to NYC, there is probably not that much to do, but that's apples and oranges. There are plays, bars, restaurants, professional and semi-professional sports, outdoor activities, lakes, etc.

If you can't find something to do within a reasonable driving distance, you're not looking hard enough.

Good luck with your decision. I hope you make the right choice for YOU.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:16 AM

161 posts, read 464,970 times
Thanks for your response. I am entitled to my opinion and just for the record. I am not a lazy or a thief. I have always worked in corporate, I have a clean criminal background check.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:59 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,903,051 times
Glad to see you are seeking employment. However, now is not the best time to come here without strong prospects. Better in Charlotte than most places as far as the economy, but it would still be helpful to have something to come to .

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 12-15-2008 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: OP stated she did not have children

Old 12-15-2008, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 5,060 times
Charlotte was rated number 1 for best place to live. My sister moved to Charlotte from Irvington NJ in 2005 has not even thought about going back.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:45 PM

161 posts, read 464,970 times
bandibaji, I am entitled to my opinion. I am not stupid or lazy. I have worked very hard and I still do. I have two jobs and will get a third one if I have to. I doubt it's lazy or stupid. I am entitled to earn a living no matter where I live and I have done well in the past.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:56 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,311,782 times
Quote:
The University area is a good place. Lots of black males all over Charlotte, plus alot of other great shopping and mingling spots. Hope you move to a great city.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:32 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,903,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanvas View Post
bandibaji, I am entitled to my opinion. I am not stupid or lazy. I have worked very hard and I still do. I have two jobs and will get a third one if I have to. I doubt it's lazy or stupid. I am entitled to earn a living no matter where I live and I have done well in the past.
I am entitled to my opinion as well. I am particularly fond of debating comments that paint a biased or inaccurate opinion based on "sour grapes". And yes, you are entitled to earn a living no batter where you live. Most people do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte