Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,063 times

Advertisements

Just got a job in Charlotte - moving from Atlanta. Only been there for the interview. I'm kinda afraid imma miss my dirty ATL good times. What kinda neighborhoods should I look at for young people? (I know this question has prolly been answered to death.) But I'm looking for something kinda artsy and bohemian. No redneck/frat bars and hangouts. (I'm not looking to play Golden Tee and drink Bud-Light) I'm looking to be able to walk to entertainment within the neighborhood.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromATL View Post
Just got a job in Charlotte - moving from Atlanta. Only been there for the interview. I'm kinda afraid imma miss my dirty ATL good times. What kinda neighborhoods should I look at for young people? (I know this question has prolly been answered to death.) But I'm looking for something kinda artsy and bohemian. No redneck/frat bars and hangouts. (I'm not looking to play Golden Tee and drink Bud-Light) I'm looking to be able to walk to entertainment within the neighborhood.

Thanks
Even though I find your post a bit offensive, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just young and clueless as to how ugly your remarks are.

You want to move to Plaza Midwood - it's right up your alley for hip, artsy and bohemian - plus you can walk to some great hangouts like Snug Harbor or the Penguin.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Yep, Plaza-Midwood or the NoDA area.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 PM

569 posts, read 1,410,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromATL View Post

Thanks
Whats wrong with Bud-Light? Seriously though I suppose you want to check out NoDa or Plaza-Midwood. Please take caution because I believe some of the local bars might have a cornhole tournament going on and there might be lots of snob free beer drinkers there.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:38 PM

201 posts, read 968,563 times
...no Golden Tee and Bud Light? LOL...Well, I guess you can't hang out with my hubby and his red neck friends..(if, by red neck, you mean young professionals working at some of the biggest companies in Charlotte) Bummer

Old 11-10-2008, 02:38 PM

223 posts, read 538,012 times
Go to Tony's on Moores Chapel Loop Rd. just off Wilkinson Blvd. before you cross the bridge into Belmont.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:19 PM

189 posts, read 580,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Even though I find your post a bit offensive, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just young and clueless as to how ugly your remarks are.

You want to move to Plaza Midwood - it's right up your alley for hip, artsy and bohemian - plus you can walk to some great hangouts like Snug Harbor or the Penguin.
I thought his post was pretty funny actually. Different humor for different types of people I guess

Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM

184 posts, read 359,591 times
what's so offensive about what the original poster wrote?

the BL/Golden Tee joke is dead on about CLT though...LOL

FILA! (FOREVER I LOVE ATLANTA)

Old 11-10-2008, 04:43 PM

64 posts, read 169,205 times
We drink Bud Light and play Golden Tee at a bar in South Beach Miami and i can guarantee you it is 100 percent NOT redneck -- but maybe that's redneck in Atlanta.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:00 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Native 1 View Post
Whats wrong with Bud-Light?

I could go on and on and on and on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte