Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 11:22 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times

Advertisements

Now developers are offering cars to entice home buyers. First plasma's, then trips, now cars........

Developer offers free car to entice home buyers | WCNC.com | Local News for Charlotte, North Carolina | Top Stories (http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-121908-sjf-freecarhome.7d4cba6d.html - broken link)

I guess some fool will actually think this is a good deal when they should actually be negotiating 20K off the price of the house or closing costs and price of the house.

I don't believe 1 second that a developer cares about the "current residents losing value in their homes". He only cares about how it would affect his pocket.

Also, the freebie above is the EXACT reason why I give it to realtors who come on here and spew "% of list price" #'s".....if some fool gets the car, the value of the car (concession) won't show up in the numbers.....BUT you'll never hear a realtor tell you that....they'll just hide behind the #'s that they copy and past from the Carolina MLS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 02:20 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
I would've loved to have seen that blank between the quotations filled with the words "trips to the Bunny Ranch".

Old 12-20-2008, 02:39 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,233,787 times
Free car? More like the car price is added in to the price of house.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:10 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
He didn't reach very deep in his pocket did he? The LEAST he could have done was offer "One free With Purchase"! Now THAT'S a Deal! I could live in one house and my wife in the other.Really would cut down on my chore list wouldn't it? ("Hey, where's that SOB hiding now?")

je
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: