Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:25 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

OMG-I probably would have had an emotional breakdown right there. I couldn't imagine taking an animals life in anyway..I feel soo bad for your dh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 AM

367 posts, read 1,029,499 times
Being an avid hunter, we kill coyotes on sight. They are heck on Turkeys and fawns. Hang around Golf courses and you will see them allot. Where ever there are rabbits there are coyotes. Sorry to hear about your car. Better to hit it than swerve to try to miss it and lose control of your car and hurt yourself.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:19 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
........ Better to hit it than swerve to try to miss it and lose control of your car and hurt yourself.
Yes! I saw an accident happen just this way, the driver swerved to avoid a dog and hit a tree on the side of the road. Sorry about your DH's pain, I would still be sobbing, I think.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:05 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
OMG-I probably would have had an emotional breakdown right there. I couldn't imagine taking an animals life in anyway..I feel soo bad for your dh
As a trucker, I have hit MANY animals in my career. I cried the first time I hit a deer. Like a dummy, I stopped the truck and went to check on her. She was prenant with twins too!!! I lost it!!! She had jumped out in front of me, but it still hurts to think of what my vehicle did.

I have actually seen deer crossing Park Rd near Selwyn. I've seen them in Gastonia near South New Hope too!!! Be careful when driving because Charlotte still has an animal population that is just as large (if not larger) than the people population. I am glad your DH wasn't hurt.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Well, I appreciate everyone's concern about the coyote but they are predators . . . and eat pets. I hate for any animal to be involved in a car accident, but as far as getting upset about one less coyote in this region . . . it doesn't make me feel bad at all.

Did you all read the earlier thread we had on coyotes and how much damage they have caused - killing household pets? Better this one is dead than carrying off Fluffy or Bowzer.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:46 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, I appreciate everyone's concern about the coyote but they are predators . . . and eat pets. I hate for any animal to be involved in a car accident, but as far as getting upset about one less coyote in this region . . . it doesn't make me feel bad at all.

Did you all read the earlier thread we had on coyotes and how much damage they have caused - killing household pets? Better this one is dead than carrying off Fluffy or Bowzer.
I know thats right. Never see any animals Uptown except of the human race.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:50 AM

743 posts, read 2,243,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
thank you guys it was at 7am, it was still dark the insurance company will cover it, however it took off the whole front of the car and even by the Radiator and with it being a leased car, it looks totaled, dh is fine other than very shaken since the Coyote made this horrible noise after he was hit..oy vey...and dh's boss just said this morning another employee hit one on Harris Blvd a few weeks ago...

Can I tell ya I cant wait for this year to be over with...it is just awful
Whoa I just went through there at 6:40 am, too close hope all is well and he is okay. That is the most important thing as a car can be fixed or replaced but dh would be a little more difficult.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:03 AM

314 posts, read 1,136,686 times
A friend of mine swerved to avoid hitting a squirell in the road once. He went off the road, had some minor injuries, and totaled his car.
I can just imagine the squirell high fiving his buddies afterwards, just like in that car insurance commercial.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
berry - I'm soo.. glad your DH is O.K! That's the most important thing. Cars can be replaced, altho' it's a major pain in itself! I'd probably feel much like your husband, I'd feel bad hitting anything - even a coyote. But like ani says, they are predators and threaten outdoor pets. I'd only let my cats outside if they were true Carolina Panthers (and I don't mean Jake or Steve) and downed 10 pound bags of Kitty Chow a day! (Hmmmm, Coyote=Tasty!)

Hopefully, this will just end up being an unpleasant memory for your DH in a few months and 2009 will bring good things that totally counterbalance all the negatives of 2008!

Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Berry - so sorry your husband had such a bad experience but I'm glad he's okay!

Happy Hanukkah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte