Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 12:49 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,400,042 times

Advertisements

But have we wondered how many of our apartment complexes are struggling to stay afloat. What are the ramifications upon tenants like myself. We are concerned with the homeowner, as we should. But we also need to concern ourselves with the complexes. FNMA has set aside billions of dollars for the purpose of stabilizing apartment complexes through their DUS program. Let's hope complex owners know how to seek aide before its' too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
But have we wondered how many of our apartment complexes are struggling to stay afloat. What are the ramifications upon tenants like myself. We are concerned with the homeowner, as we should. But we also need to concern ourselves with the complexes. FNMA has set aside billions of dollars for the purpose of stabilizing apartment complexes through their DUS program. Let's hope complex owners know how to seek aide before its' too late.
Good point. I am not well-educated about all the nuances of this. Does it matter if those complexes are owned by individuals as opposed to corporations? I have seen NOTHING written about any of this. ????

Old 01-15-2009, 02:00 PM

Ani, it does not matter if they are owned by indiviudals or corporations. However, there are multiple deals in the work with FNMA concerning multifamily, nursing homes and student housing. FNMA will not seek the individual or organization; they must contact FNMA for assistance.

Here's FNMA Resource Guide for authorized lenders: REBusinessOnline - Fannie Mae DUS Resource Guide

This will turn into a mortgage mess if owners and individuals are left to their own vices.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:40 PM

Oh my. I wonder how informed people are. I have a client who is involved w/ an assisted living project. I will contact them and pass this on.

Thanks for heads up, AR!!!! Just wonder how many people have no clue . . .

Old 01-19-2009, 07:25 AM

Okay - have been thinking about this since you first posted. Where do I get more info about qualifications for the loans? Any suggestions? I have two clients who don't have a clue as to whether or not they may qualify and I seem to be of no help at this point. They own eldercare units, and are struggling. This is not-for-profit. One is a critical access facility.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 AM

Disclaimer: I am not associated, nor do I represent FNMA.

Here's a link to FannieMae. Your client could read about the program and do their research. FNMA has many authorized lenders in various cities.
Multifamily (http://www.fanniemae.com/multifamily/index.jhtml?p=Multifamily - broken link)
www.efanniemae.com

Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 AM

Really appreciate all the info. I need to become more educated about various lending possibilities to be of better assistance to hospitals and nursing homes.

Thank you so much!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: