Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

Hi all!!! Was just wondering if there are any Mom and Pop type pharmacies down there? I have done away with the chain pharmacies and go to a local pharmacist here where I live and after using her I don't think I could EVER go back to a chain EVER!!! Drama Queen here. But for real... LOL, my pharmacist is the best. She takes the time to help with any questions, if I need a few pills til pay day God love her, she will do it. I know some of the chains will do that, but they don't have to, and wont if they don't want to. Of course her otc stuff is out of the world price wise, so things liek that I get at WalMart or wherever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
There's a place called Medicap Pharmacy, I know there's one in Monroe not sure about Charlotte though. Seems like we have an Eckerd, CVS or Walgreens on every corner...sometimes there's 2 on a crossroads!!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,087,841 times
Yes, there are Mom & Pop pharmacies, although like in any area they are not as plentiful as the big guys. In Monroe I know of Faulkner's, Medicap and Franklin Street Pharmacy.

SL

Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 AM

531 posts, read 2,011,939 times
There is a pharmacy like like here in Indian Trail. Everytime I have been there it makes me think of when I was a kid going to the store with my parents!

Old 03-13-2007, 04:54 AM

very good news!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:25 AM

348 posts, read 1,360,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Hi all!!! Was just wondering if there are any Mom and Pop type pharmacies down there? I have done away with the chain pharmacies and go to a local pharmacist here where I live and after using her I don't think I could EVER go back to a chain EVER!!! Drama Queen here. But for real... LOL, my pharmacist is the best. She takes the time to help with any questions, if I need a few pills til pay day God love her, she will do it. I know some of the chains will do that, but they don't have to, and wont if they don't want to. Of course her otc stuff is out of the world price wise, so things liek that I get at WalMart or wherever.
We use The Medicine Shoppe on Central just a little east of Uptown. Tom and his staff (which includes his wife) are the BEST!!!

Old 03-13-2007, 07:56 AM

124 posts, read 168,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
There are plenty but in what area will you be living? Maybe that can help us with recommendations.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:31 AM

When I know you will know... LOL Getting there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte