Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks! If you would like to learn a little more on the financial crisis and how it's affecting banking, tune to WUNC tonight at 9:00 PM. You'll probably get to see our banking CEOs in high definition if you have it. Watch them sweat! Tune to 13, 200, or 201 on TWC. DVR what you usually watch at 9:00 PM and watch it later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 06:36 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Thanx, Em!

Sweat? I dunno. They are all filthy rich and even if they lost their jobs, so what? I doubt any of them feel much guilt when they walk into their several $M houses, fly on their chartered jets to Turks & Caicos for the week, go skiing in Vail, or slip behind the steering wheel of their S550 Benzes. I just bet they feel relieved, as in . . . Whew, glad I amassed all this wealth when things were at the peak . . .

Oh, sure . . . they will put this studied face on . . . their publicist will have told them . . . only give the tight lipped rueful smile . . . gently knit the brows when appropriate . . . hang your head a bit, to look humble . . .never clinch your fist, lay your palm lightly on the desk . . . lean forward just a bit, as if you actually welcome the scrutiny.

And any time something is said wh/ is negative . . . use the word "misfortunate" as in . . ."yes, the impact this has had on the employees has been quite misfortunate." Also, "inopportune" and "troubling."

Retrospect is good, too . . . "In retrospect, that was, perhaps, an inopportune decision and the subsequent impact has been troubling."

But sweat? Naaaaaaa . . . I don't think so.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Thanks for letting us know but I don't think they will sweat a bit. They may have an assistant *spritzing* them to appear as though they are affected by this all.

But, instead they will all sit there and lie just as Ken Lewis did with comments such as "I don't know." Pond scum is what they are.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Thanks for letting us know but I don't think they will sweat a bit. They may have an assistant *spritzing* them to appear as though they are affected by this all.

But, instead they will all sit there and lie just as Ken Lewis did with comments such as "I don't know." Pond scum is what they are.
Right there with ya, Kitty.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:57 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thanx, Em!

Sweat? I dunno. They are all filthy rich and even if they lost their jobs, so what? I doubt any of them feel much guilt when they walk into their several $M houses, fly on their chartered jets to Turks & Caicos for the week, go skiing in Vail, or slip behind the steering wheel of their S550 Benzes. I just bet they feel relieved, as in . . . Whew, glad I amassed all this wealth when things were at the peak . . .

Oh, sure . . . they will put this studied face on . . . their publicist will have told them . . . only give the tight lipped rueful smile . . . gently knit the brows when appropriate . . . hang your head a bit, to look humble . . .never clinch your fist, lay your palm lightly on the desk . . . lean forward just a bit, as if you actually welcome the scrutiny.

And any time something is said wh/ is negative . . . use the word "misfortunate" as in . . ."yes, the impact this has had on the employees has been quite misfortunate." Also, "inopportune" and "troubling."

Retrospect is good, too . . . "In retrospect, that was, perhaps, an inopportune decision and the subsequent impact has been troubling."

But sweat? Naaaaaaa . . . I don't think so.
I'm going to really resent those guys when the lower echelon employees slowly disappear floor by floor, with nary a thanks for doing such a good job, which is what I hear is happening. Those mass layoffs will not occur on one day, but like old soldiers, those employees will slowly fade away!

Old 02-17-2009, 07:16 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post

The only question I'd ever have for him is "do you know how many lives you've turned upside down with one pen and an uncharacteristically rushed deal". I have nothing but apathy for him.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
The only question I'd ever have for him is "do you know how many lives you've turned upside down with one pen and an uncharacteristically rushed deal". I have nothing but apathy for him.

One of the MANY things that I find so sad about this situation is that people such as 'ole Ken could care less how this affects others, so long as his pockets remain full.

What would work beautifully is if everything and I do mean everything that people such as him have is taken away. That is one thing that would get his attention as well as the rest of *them*.

Last edited by sundrop; 02-17-2009 at 08:07 PM..

Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,575 times
Maybe if all 700,000 of us in Charlotte could go out there and do something?
They've already stole half of our wealth, many people's homes have been foreclosed on, and if we all went to the bank to get our money it wouldn't be there since we're on a 'fractional reserve system.'

What do we have left to lose?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Maybe if all 700,000 of us in Charlotte could go out there and do something?
They've already stole half of our wealth, many people's homes have been foreclosed on, and if we all went to the bank to get our money it wouldn't be there since we're on a 'fractional reserve system.'

What do we have left to lose?
I have actually envisioned what that would be like - if everyone in this city decided - that's it. Let's all just march to the bank and demand our money.

In addition, we should demand the JOBS that are gonna down to the tubes due to the idiocy of a handful of men, making decisions in their Ivory Towers.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I have actually envisioned what that would be like - if everyone in this city decided - that's it. Let's all just march to the bank and demand our money.

In addition, we should demand the JOBS that are gonna down to the tubes due to the idiocy of a handful of men, making decisions in their Ivory Towers.

preach it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte