Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:02 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,954,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
Hey Guys,
Ive decided to Glaze my "white" cabinets does anyone know anyone who does this and or If it is expensive to do???

Oh you liked my idea We must see pictures when you are done. Also get a different countertop for your center island and maybe put some beadboard around it and paint it black. Your kitchen is gonna ROCK!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:07 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,376,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Oh you liked my idea We must see pictures when you are done. Also get a different countertop for your center island and maybe put some beadboard around it and paint it black. Your kitchen is gonna ROCK!
OH SHEENA

Im planning on doing the Cream cab's with the brown around the square in the cabinet, then I have a counterbar that seats 6 counter chairs and then a small island in the kitchen, so Im going to do a Stone Backsplash and a beautiful Brown Granite Countertop or Silastone, and then the small island im going to do a brown/Gold and I just have to figure out what im going to do with the appliances,,they are GE PROFILE top of the line but WHITE...so, I wil have to figure out something with that.....I already have my paint color..lol..so i good to go...and the floors are already hardwood (butterscotch)

Old 04-26-2007, 08:40 AM

476 posts, read 1,575,853 times
Quote:
OH SHEENA

Im planning on doing the Cream cab's with the brown around the square in the cabinet, then I have a counterbar that seats 6 counter chairs and then a small island in the kitchen, so Im going to do a Stone Backsplash and a beautiful Brown Granite Countertop or Silastone, and then the small island im going to do a brown/Gold and I just have to figure out what im going to do with the appliances,,they are GE PROFILE top of the line but WHITE...so, I wil have to figure out something with that.....I already have my paint color..lol..so i good to go...and the floors are already hardwood (butterscotch)
I cannot wait to see the finished product, it sounds awesome!

Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM

999 posts, read 4,652,384 times
I found this after I googled "appliance paint" I knew there were ways to refinish! There must be someone that does this around Charlotte
Joan

>>>>Can't Stand Color Clash

How can I change the color of my refrigerator without buying a new one? I would like to change it to black. It's a great refrigerator; however, it clashes with the rest of my décor. Help!
Terri

Help in Yellow Pages

The best solution is "appliance refinishing" or otherwise known as electrostatic painting. Assuming your appliance is in good condition (no cracks, chipping, and so on), the refinisher can have your color updated and ready to use in as little as 48 hours for a refrigerator to 7 days for a stove (this is 99.5% drying time).

We used this process to turn a 1970s gold tub and sink to a 1990s almond color with great success. In our local Kansas City yellow pages, these services are listed under "Appliance Refinishing". Enjoy turning those ugly ducklings into swans for a fraction of the cost of new.
Patti>>>>>

this link might help (yahoo yellow pages)
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?...ttype=distance

http://www.servicemagic.com/task.App...ish.40173.html

Last edited by joanchris2000; 04-26-2007 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: add links

Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,125 times
Default glaze

That sounds really pretty..see you are going to make that kitchen look awesome!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:02 AM

876 posts, read 3,792,989 times
We added a chocolate glaze to our cherry cabinets when we first built the house. As an addition, it cost us $1200, but that included all the kitchen cabinets (we have ALOT of cabinets), bathroom vanities, and our bar upstairs. (we have 3.5 bathrooms).

I can post pics if you need to see...

Old 04-26-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
OH SHEENA

Wowee!!! That sounds beautiful. That kitchen will look fabulous. Too bad you couldn't do stainless on the appliances.

I did the natural maple cabinets with diamond brown granite except the island is black galaxy with sable maple cabinets. Black appliances and black sink, black decorative hood over the cooktop and a wall oven. Oh gosh I hope that looks good. I'm kind of scared.

I would have done the glazed cabinets in a heartbeat but they were too much $$$. Have to cut cost somewhere. LOL

I must see pictures when you are done.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
We added a chocolate glaze to our cherry cabinets when we first built the house. As an addition, it cost us $1200, but that included all the kitchen cabinets (we have ALOT of cabinets), bathroom vanities, and our bar upstairs. (we have 3.5 bathrooms).

Yes post pictures! I love glaze. My brother inlaw owns a cabinet shop in Newport he said when he comes he'll glaze mine but I don't know about natural maple glazed.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
I found this after I googled "appliance paint" I knew there were ways to refinish! There must be someone that does this around Charlotte
Joan

>>>>Can't Stand Color Clash

How can I change the color of my refrigerator without buying a new one? I would like to change it to black. It's a great refrigerator; however, it clashes with the rest of my décor. Help!
Terri

Help in Yellow Pages

The best solution is "appliance refinishing" or otherwise known as electrostatic painting. Assuming your appliance is in good condition (no cracks, chipping, and so on), the refinisher can have your color updated and ready to use in as little as 48 hours for a refrigerator to 7 days for a stove (this is 99.5% drying time).

We used this process to turn a 1970s gold tub and sink to a 1990s almond color with great success. In our local Kansas City yellow pages, these services are listed under "Appliance Refinishing". Enjoy turning those ugly ducklings into swans for a fraction of the cost of new.
Patti>>>>>

this link might help (yahoo yellow pages)
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?...ttype=distance

http://www.servicemagic.com/task.App...ish.40173.html

Joan your the best as a freind of mine just said that yesterday about the spray finish..Umm I think this might work out well.....

Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post

super can you pls?????? I would love to see....and that isnt a bad price..consiering to reface its so much money and to change well I really dont want to do a whole new kitchen kwim..

Thank You
Staci
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte