Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 07:55 PM

29 posts, read 74,418 times

Advertisements

Hello,

So without directv's Sunday Ticket, I am in need of a bar that is a NY Jets Football bar in a few months. I am a Panthers fan, but still love to see the Gang Green on Sundays since moving down from NYC. I heard about a place uptown at 5th & Tryon called Verona Lounge but don't know if it's still open. Preferably a bar close to Uptown versus any of the outer neighborhoods if possible. Thanks in advance for the help!

b
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:03 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Verona's is still open as far as I know. I found a web site for you where you can search by state for Jets Bars and it is the only one listed for Charlotte.

Out of Town Jets Fans : united states (http://www.newyorkjets.com/fan_zone/outoftown/united+states?state%5Bid%5D=--all+states-- - broken link)

Also, there are two people interested in starting a Jets Meetup Group on Find a Meetup Group Near You! - New York Jets Meetups - Charlotte. This is a legit site.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:17 PM

120 posts, read 238,026 times
big jets fan here let me know where to go to c the jets games...i dont care about the giants

Old 08-21-2009, 11:35 PM

3 posts, read 6,484 times
Default Mario's near Matthews

Hey. First off, I spoke with the owner of Verona's a few weeks ago. He said they aren't going to open on Sundays cause uptown is dead on the weekends.

I also spoke to the owner at Phil's NY (they have some Jets photos on the walls) which is located across the street from Verona's. No can do. My guess is their business model is low cost entertainment plus hot waitresses = $$ cause they don't have any interest in getting the NFL Season Ticket either, and I dont remember seeing any big TVs in there. But they do have $1 beers.

On the other hand, our Charlotte based Jets Fan group (if you haven't been to the website, you should visit at [url=http://www.charlottejetsfans.com[/url]) is going to Mario's near Matthews, NC, cause I understand their owner may be a big Jets fan. It'll be nice supporting a restaurant/bar that supports our team. I'm hoping they will be willing to accommodate us.

Anyone who wants to come out to Mario's for Monday night (Ravens), I'll see you there. Also hoping to get some tables for the Jets/Giants, but I hope its not too busy there on a Sat night that we get bumped.

Please visit http://charlottejetsfans.com and register so that we can have you guys come out with us to watch gang green!!

Scott

Old 08-22-2009, 01:54 AM

628 posts, read 2,078,482 times
You can always try Watch Online tv sports news and entertainment for free at channelsurfing to find the game on your computer. My condolences in advance for another long futile Jets season

Old 08-22-2009, 06:11 AM

701 posts, read 1,429,059 times
Just go to Beantown Tavern in Matthews. Be sure to wear your Jets jersey. Go Pats!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,999 times
Cans is a great sports bar in Uptown that has the NFL Sunday Ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte