Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:42 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,825,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Time to go get supplies for my favorite Winter treat: Toilet paper sandwiches dunked in a glass of milk.
I know Oreo's are good dunked in milk but not so sure about toilet paper sandwiches. Do tell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 07:43 AM

149 posts, read 535,843 times
Sleet here in Wesley Chapel. I cant tell what is happening on the roads, but it's sticking on the deck. I'm hoping the kids are dismissed early (like now!) , it feels like hot cocoa time!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:47 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
My cat, who usually comes in around dark, didn't come home last nite. I was up all nite - last time 4 am - trying to find him. Yes, walking up and down the street . . . I am worried sick about him. He is not chipped but has a tag with our phone number and his name. I can't believe he is out in this mess.
Try not to worry. A few years ago, in another state with much nastier winter activity, he decided to bolt out the door one day and frolic in the snow. He didn't come back, and after a day I was "asked" to find him. I didn't.

About three weeks later, I hear a noise at the back door. There he is, and just strolls in as if nothing happened, no worse for wear. They can manage quite quite well on their own.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:53 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
My wife just told me it is sleeting in Matthews!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:54 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
I know Oreo's are good dunked in milk but not so sure about toilet paper sandwiches. Do tell!
Unofortunately, there is usually a run on all the ingredients when there is bad weather!!!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:59 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,825,036 times
Quote:
Excellent info, Nancy! That is a lot less expensive than a similar gadget I got 2 years ago. It cost right at $100 by the time I paid shipping - can be hand cranked, has a weather radio, flashlight and phone charger and a few other outlets, cigarette charger/adapter . . . I would say that is $35 very well spent. I have used mine once since getting it. Wish I had found the better priced Black n Decker.

Sleeting/freezing rain here in South Charlotte.

My cat, who usually comes in around dark, didn't come home last nite. I was up all nite - last time 4 am - trying to find him. Yes, walking up and down the street . . . I am worried sick about him. He is not chipped but has a tag with our phone number and his name. I can't believe he is out in this mess.
Yes, after I read your post I thought that we should really have a weather radio. I think we are in for a long winter.

In CA my Boo kitty used to shoot out the front door and then go underneith our Sububan just far enough that you couldn't reach him, of course it was always when the coyotes were out, such a stinker. Keep us posted on kitty.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:39 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,088 times
Where's the snow? I promised the kids it would snow today - don't see anything around here - now what am I going to do LOL

Old 12-18-2009, 10:54 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Drive 1.5 hours or so north to the the Triad, it's snowing and they're going to get 5 -10 inches. Or head west to the foothills or mountains.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:05 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement about my kitty. He is back home!!!! Came running through the woods to the back door.

HOWEVER . . . his red collar with the bell and his ID and registration tag is GONE. Now, I can understand how that could happen, as it is constructed to break away if tangled up. However, his flea collar is also gone. He was not cold or wet and I just wonder if he was in someone's house and they intended to keep him. At least that tells me he wasn't being mistreated. He has no wounds, does not seem upset at all - just happy to be home. He also was not hungry, which makes me think someone fed him (he is a BIG eater).

I am glad he is home but really concerned about someone cutting off his collars/tags. Why would someone do that?

Oh - and it is not doing a lot here at our house right now, but son just called and said they are getting big fat wet flakes of snow up around Boone. I would love to see some snow here! I hope it doesn't end up being all ice.

Last edited by brokensky; 12-18-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM

852 posts, read 2,467,088 times
Quote:
Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement about my kitty. He is back home!!!! Came running through the woods to the back door.

HOWEVER . . . his red collar with the bell and his ID and registration tag is GONE. Now, I can understand how that could happen, as it is constructed to break away if tangled up. However, his flea collar is also gone. That says to me that someone cut them off him. Now why would someone do that? He was not cold or wet and I just wonder if he was in someone's house and they intended to keep him. At least that tells me he wasn't being mistreated. He has no wounds, does not seem upset at all - just happy to be home. He also was not hungry, which makes me think someone fed him (he is a BIG eater).

I am glad he is home but really concerned about someone cutting off his collars/tags. Why would someone do that?
So glad your kitty cat is back. Would he have caught the collar in something and pulled it off? I hate to think that somebody was going to keep him so am trying to think of reasons as to him not have his id.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte