Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
ROTFLOL!! That's right Sheena, you saw it with your own eyes!! You have to come back & see it when it's all finished. Yankee fans are welcomed anytime!

Yankee fans here in my house & proud of it!!!

BxRosie

I'm a Red Sox fan remember you husband told me he was sorry and your girlfriends stared at me with their mouths open It was fun I will surely come back.

Remember my daddy worked for the Yanks but I'm a rebel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 06:52 AM

189 posts, read 580,107 times
Go Yanks even though we are taking a beating this year.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:04 AM

295 posts, read 1,061,544 times
Now the Yankee fans know what we had to deal with for years. The curse is in reverse......

Old 05-23-2007, 08:28 AM

693 posts, read 2,175,639 times
Careful Dave, don't be a jinx... nothing kills a streak faster than hubris. But GO SOX!

Old 05-23-2007, 09:44 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I'm a Red Sox fan remember you husband told me he was sorry and your girlfriends stared at me with their mouths open It was fun I will surely come back.

Remember my daddy worked for the Yanks but I'm a rebel.
OOPS, I forgot, that's right! LOL!! Well, there was a Mets fan in the group, too, so you weren't alone.

ABSOLUTELY, do come back! I had a good time & my door is always open!!

BxRosie

Old 05-23-2007, 02:36 PM

203 posts, read 496,082 times
Well then you're lucky they aren't losing as many games as the Yankees!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
They're all very nice.....until the morning after their losses!.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:41 PM

203 posts, read 496,082 times
Dave, I didn't realize dish network didn't carry the MLB package anymore. I think they used to.

I have directTV, but didn't subscribe because we're moving back north...want to be there for the world series :-)

But I bought the monthly $19 subscription through mlb.com to watch the Sox games (or any team, of course) and actually hook it up to my tv with an s-video cable. I have a fairly new LCD tv and my laptop has the hookup...so not sure if you have this option.

But even if not, the picture is pretty good especially if you have a decent sized monitor (and you can put it to full screen) and you can do it month to month, so if they fall flat in August which is somewhat common, you can cancel!!

Hope that's helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mags View Post
Wish I could go... Am i the only one who can't get the Sox games because of Dish network. After 3 hours the game comes on, which usually is in the ninth inning. I hope it's on ESPN.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:19 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory P View Post
Well then you're lucky they aren't losing as many games as the Yankees!!!

Very funny! Have you watched any of the games lately? Hellooooo.....
Maybe you should "buck up" for the MLB package on DirecTV...no need to go to Beantown for the world series. New York's the place to be! Although we'll be watching from afar...

Old 05-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory P View Post
Dave, I didn't realize dish network didn't carry the MLB package anymore. I think they used to.

I have directTV, but didn't subscribe because we're moving back north...want to be there for the world series :-)

But I bought the monthly $19 subscription through mlb.com to watch the Sox games (or any team, of course) and actually hook it up to my tv with an s-video cable. I have a fairly new LCD tv and my laptop has the hookup...so not sure if you have this option.

But even if not, the picture is pretty good especially if you have a decent sized monitor (and you can put it to full screen) and you can do it month to month, so if they fall flat in August which is somewhat common, you can cancel!!

Hope that's helpful!

Yeah, I am looking into mlb.com and might get it after the All Star game. For now I will just wait until 10pm and catch the last few innings.

Whats up the Curt, he didn't look good the last few games?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:29 PM

I forgot to add, Willie Mo has to Goooooooooo. I hope we can trade him for a good backup outfielder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte