Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 10:24 AM

4 posts, read 6,195 times

Advertisements

Turns out that Pulte has pulled out of this neighborhood. I bet that significantly drives down the value of the existing homes in that neighborhood. Shea homes are still selling their homes at $350K plus. It is interesting that Shea has their model home up for sale. Makes me wonder about the future of Summerwood. Any thoughts, insights or opinions would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 10:27 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
That is very disappointing. I loved the Pulte models and kept hoping things would turn around there. I think if someone is looking for a LONGTERM home and is able to negotiate down below $300K it might still be a good home. The again the amenities are nowhere to be seen yet. Sad. I am thank we did not take that route though.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:31 AM

1,039 posts, read 3,003,805 times
It is still on their site... how did you find out they are pulling out?

Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 PM

4 posts, read 6,195 times
I was at the Shea Homes sales office yesterday.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:23 AM

587 posts, read 1,624,558 times
I talked to the Shea salesperson on Sunday. Love their model home with the vaulted master and loft retreat, oh yeah, and screened porch with fireplace right off master! I asked her very direct questions about the future of the neighborhood. She said there about 50 homes total sold in the neighborhood and the developer has said that they need 170 homes sold "in order to support the amenities". She said Shea homes has been there approx. 2 1/2 years. That's too scary. Plus they are asking 599 for the model and that will surely be the most expensive home in the neighborhood by a long shot. Very sad because seems like it could have been and maybe will be a great neighborhood EVENTUALLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: