Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM

160 posts, read 451,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
Child care in the uptown area and Lake Norman area (Huntersville and Cornelius at least, not sure about Mooresville) is very tight, I would recommend those areas. I would recommend a fulltime day care (with the enrichment you have discussed) over specific classes or camps, as a ton of churches offer very affordable, and very good, preschools for people who do not need full time child care.
What are those areas like? Would you describe them as middle class, upper class, etc.? Do any of these places have a central "village" or busy areas that it would help to be close to? Obviously, it would help to be located in a very "visible" location. Some time ago we we also looking in the Tega Cay area as far as relocating. Any input on this area on the subject of daycare/ art schools? We would want to be within commuting distance to Charlotte as my husband would most likely be working there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 AM

5 posts, read 8,451 times
Default charges

what would be your charges for a 2-yr old, i'm interested..

Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 AM

509 posts, read 1,802,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan75 View Post
What are those areas like? Would you describe them as middle class, upper class, etc.? Do any of these places have a central "village" or busy areas that it would help to be close to? Obviously, it would help to be located in a very "visible" location. Some time ago we we also looking in the Tega Cay area as far as relocating. Any input on this area on the subject of daycare/ art schools? We would want to be within commuting distance to Charlotte as my husband would most likely be working there.
The Lake Norman area is middle to upper middle class, with pockets of upper class and pockets of lower middle class. A lot of working professional parents. Davidson obviously has a high focus on education because of the college.

Davidson has the most recognizable downtown location, and would also be an excellent location for the type of program you are looking for. Downtown Cornelius is small but being refurbished, as is downtown Huntersville.

I know nothing about Tega Cay. The commute from the Lake Norman area to uptown varies from about 20 minutes to about 40 minutes depending where you live and the time of day you are travelling.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:04 PM

160 posts, read 451,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie1381 View Post
what would be your charges for a 2-yr old, i'm interested..
That depends on what type of child care I decide on providing I suppose. Someone had suggested starting off small with a family daycare, seeing how that goes and then growing into something bigger. From what I've been seeing, it seems that the going rate in your area for a family daycare is around $150 a week. I think I would prefer to charge monthly though.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
check out artbeaststudio.com
its located in sacramento, ca
i think it is very similar to what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte