Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 10:00 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,734 times

Advertisements

Last night game had a great turnout, plus a win. I would say that the arena had to be at least 80% occupied. I've attended several games this season and the turnout is usually rather dismal. I wonder if the attendance growth has anything to do with the Bobcats garnering more wins, or new ownership. It's great to see an arena full--waiting until the day where all seats are occupied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
They gave away free tickets yesterday also. That probably had something to do with it.

I'm sure if they make the playoffs a lot of the naysayers will jump on the wagon as well. ;-)

Old 03-18-2010, 10:31 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,398,734 times
Oh, that will explain the large audience. I did think it was odd to have the arena that filled. I am hoping that one day to see an arena filled with people.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_QueenBee View Post
Oh, that will explain the large audience. I did think it was odd to have the arena that filled. I am hoping that one day to see an arena filled with people.
Me too! All season long instead of just the Lakers or Cavs. ;-)

Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
It will be! I think folks are very excited about the new owner!

I predict a whole new chapter for the Bobcats as far as community support. Michael Jordan is exactly the person to make that happen.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:51 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,348 times
I attended my first and only game recently when the Lakers were in town. The biggest attraction in the arena was not Kobe on the court but Michael Jordan at the end of the Bobcats bench. He was lowkeying it in blue jeans and cap, with security guards standing around him at every timeout. Fans are very excited to see him in the arena. Now that he has a huge financial stake in the team I expect he will use his star quality to market the team. He is already using his fierce competitive nature to motivate the team. That was obvious that night vs the Lakers and the team's record since then reflects it as well. I wish him well with the team and expect improved attendance will follow. People will go see a winner.

Oh look!!!! I even got a picture of MJ!!! Well, at least the back of his head!!!

Last edited by XcapefromNJ; 03-18-2010 at 03:09 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 04:57 PM

9 posts, read 21,176 times
I've only been to a handful of Bobcats games ever, but I will definitely be in the seats when they take the court during the playoffs. I'm thrilled at the direction this team/organization is heading.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:10 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,750,974 times
Quote:
Last night game had a great turnout, plus a win. I would say that the arena had to be at least 80% occupied. I've attended several games this season and the turnout is usually rather dismal. I wonder if the attendance growth has anything to do with the Bobcats garnering more wins, or new ownership. It's great to see an arena full--waiting until the day where all seats are occupied.
You are correct!! They finished last year 26th in the league. To date they've moved up to 22nd. And if they make the playoffs, which I'm sure they will, look for them to move up even further.

2010 - 2009-2010 NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

2009 - 2008-2009 NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

And winning does make all the difference. Look at teams like Philly, Indiana and Sacramento. They used to be near the top in attendance and now they're all in the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: