Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:38 AM

99 posts, read 286,152 times

Advertisements

Let's clear one thing up--as an agent ive never heard of a public vs. private MLS. ppl either know about a property coming up for sale or they don't. There is never a point where there is a vote that a group decides to hide properties from the general public. I am just trying to educate everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 04:39 AM

99 posts, read 286,152 times
i heard that!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 08:06 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by got charlotte View Post
Let's clear one thing up--as an agent ive never heard of a public vs. private MLS. ppl either know about a property coming up for sale or they don't. There is never a point where there is a vote that a group decides to hide properties from the general public. I am just trying to educate everyone!
Yes their is a public and private MLS. The public version does not list the commission rate and a few other things I can't remember. When I sent listing to my clients they got the public version. It's the version of the listing not the listing itself.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:21 AM

68 posts, read 237,226 times
Yeah I am familiar with this... My Realtor sent accessible links via email of listings to me. I did not have freedom to access anything else, thus 'public' MLS. Craiglist would be the true public MLS, IMO. There is always a deal on there.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:04 AM

85 posts, read 281,690 times
GOT CHARLOTTE..don't be so naive...the MLS system has a lag time for listing based on the data entry date...and ANY decent realtor will be calling prospective clients prior to entering this info, and/or before it is released in the system...If I list today, it will take about one week for it to hit the computer database, the old paper system was longer, and a good agent will take advantage of this...I have family who are agents, and I am a developer, I get calls all of the time about property before it hits the MLS. And, yes, as has been mentioned, the system is designed to send people through an agent, the info is not freely available, and is truncated.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbuilt28036 View Post
GOT CHARLOTTE..don't be so naive...the MLS system has a lag time for listing based on the data entry date...and ANY decent realtor will be calling prospective clients prior to entering this info, and/or before it is released in the system...If I list today, it will take about one week for it to hit the computer database, the old paper system was longer, and a good agent will take advantage of this...I have family who are agents, and I am a developer, I get calls all of the time about property before it hits the MLS. And, yes, as has been mentioned, the system is designed to send people through an agent, the info is not freely available, and is truncated.

We had a 24 hr rule in Az.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:19 PM

876 posts, read 3,793,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
We had a 24 hr rule in Az.
I always abide by the 5-second rule...

Old 06-16-2007, 02:51 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Yes their is a public and private MLS. The public version does not list the commission rate and a few other things I can't remember. When I sent listing to my clients they got the public version. It's the version of the listing not the listing itself.
That's pretty accurate. I bet you could though public info find what the agent mls has, like comps, days on market, etc which the public one does NOT have but it will take you some time. The agents have this info readily accessible. It is the same number as you said, just more info on the one accesible to a a realtor.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
That's pretty accurate. I bet you could though public info find what the agent mls has, like comps, days on market, etc which the public one does NOT have but it will take you some time. The agents have this info readily accessible. It is the same number as you said, just more info on the one accesible to a a realtor.

That's right the commission, number of days the home has been on the market and the listing agents info is not on the public MLS. It's been awhile. LOL

Old 06-16-2007, 08:53 PM

536 posts, read 1,693,888 times
Exclamation realtor keeping it real

If the agent puts it in the system right away, it will hit the local MLS in 24 hours. I think it will hit Realtor.com in 24-48 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte