Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 AM

65 posts, read 167,153 times

Advertisements

Hi. Is anyone here living in these (or have seen them?)... going from the website, of course, they look great.. Also, they claim to be in a very walkable community - is that true? Any comments would help. Feel free to DM me if you don't want to post here... Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 11:42 AM

128 posts, read 272,333 times
I live right across from them in Olmsted Park. They are very nice places, at least from the outside. The townhomes are on the exterior, while there are lofts behind them. They all have garages, which is great. And for price it's pretty tough to beat in Dilworth. Definitely a walkable area and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to walk to from there. If I hadn't bought where I did 3+ years ago, I would definitely have given it a look.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 PM

Default to dbull75

what do think of Olmsted Park, do you like it there.. How close are the grocery stores, can you really walk to them. I seem to remember (when I visited in April), that the condo areas seemed rather secluded from the stores... I'm not a bar person, but a grocery I would need regularly.. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull75 View Post
I live right across from them in Olmsted Park. They are very nice places, at least from the outside. The townhomes are on the exterior, while there are lofts behind them. They all have garages, which is great. And for price it's pretty tough to beat in Dilworth. Definitely a walkable area and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to walk to from there. If I hadn't bought where I did 3+ years ago, I would definitely have given it a look.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 PM

I like Olmsted Park a lot... My wife and I actually met there, so I can't complain about that Most of the people living there range in age from 25-40. So it's definitely a mix of people, but everyone is very friendly. The grocery stores are about 1/2 to a 1 mile away (there's a Bloom and Harris Teeter, also Fresh Market is going up right down the street from HT in the next 6 months or so). So that's probably not walkable for most. East Blvd has a nice stretch of condos and apartments as well, in addition to some boutique shops, restaurants, Harris Teeter grocery store and coffee shops. It may be more of what you're looking for. I spend a fair amount of time there as well. 1315 East, Dilworth Walk and Latta Pavillion would be worth looking at. There's also some apartments behind 1315, but can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull75 View Post
I like Olmsted Park a lot... My wife and I actually met there, so I can't complain about that Most of the people living there range in age from 25-40. So it's definitely a mix of people, but everyone is very friendly. The grocery stores are about 1/2 to a 1 mile away (there's a Bloom and Harris Teeter, also Fresh Market is going up right down the street from HT in the next 6 months or so). So that's probably not walkable for most. East Blvd has a nice stretch of condos and apartments as well, in addition to some boutique shops, restaurants, Harris Teeter grocery store and coffee shops. It may be more of what you're looking for. I spend a fair amount of time there as well. 1315 East, Dilworth Walk and Latta Pavillion would be worth looking at. There's also some apartments behind 1315, but can't remember the name off the top of my head.
Thanks. I had heard that 1315 and Latta were built on radon sites, so I am steering clear (even though I know it's been resolved).. I was thinking of maybe Dilworth walk, but not sure if I'm Dilworth material.. leaning heavily towards Morrison condos in South park area... being more of a big city girl!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 01:05 PM

Morrison is pretty nice as well... It has some good shops and places to eat near by (Roosters being one of my favorites), in addition to being near South Park mall. The only downside is that it's further away from uptown in comparison to Dilworth. If you aren't the going out to the bars kind of person like you said, then that shouldn't be an issue.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM

385 posts, read 890,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctoncsoon View Post
Thanks. I had heard that 1315 and Latta were built on radon sites, so I am steering clear (even though I know it's been resolved).. I was thinking of maybe Dilworth walk, but not sure if I'm Dilworth material.. leaning heavily towards Morrison condos in South park area... being more of a big city girl!!!
Well if Latta was built on a radon site then so was DW lol.

However, to clarify some of stone they used in Latta was found to contain radon which has been remediated. It wouldn't bother me 1 sec.

Just wait until we realize all the granite that has been gone into to 10,000s of houses in Charlotte contains at least some traces of radon.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,437 times
"Thanks. I had heard that 1315 and Latta were built on radon sites, so I am steering clear (even though I know it's been resolved).. I was thinking of maybe Dilworth walk, but not sure if I'm Dilworth material.. leaning heavily towards Morrison condos in South park area... being more of a big city girl!!!"

I'm not sure I understand this. Dilworth along East Blvd. is as close to uptown as you can get without being uptown. The Morrison Condos are in a shopping center in SouthPark. How would living there versus being practically uptown be more appropriate for a big city girl?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 PM

during my rather short visit, I got the impression that Southpark was more urban than Dilworth, just the feel of it to me, and again, this was just my quick take.. I could be totally wrong... (although I don't anticipate having to go uptown very often)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
"Thanks. I had heard that 1315 and Latta were built on radon sites, so I am steering clear (even though I know it's been resolved).. I was thinking of maybe Dilworth walk, but not sure if I'm Dilworth material.. leaning heavily towards Morrison condos in South park area... being more of a big city girl!!!"

I'm not sure I understand this. Dilworth along East Blvd. is as close to uptown as you can get without being uptown. The Morrison Condos are in a shopping center in SouthPark. How would living there versus being practically uptown be more appropriate for a big city girl?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:43 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,437 times
Southpark isn't urban at all. Not to say it isn't nice. It's beautiful and those condos are goodlooking. But Dilworth is literally "attached" to uptown. 25 years ago, Dilworth was scary. Then, people started noticing that the bones of the houses were still solid and the proximity to uptown was unbeatable and it slowly, then rapidly, was reborn. Id' call the intersection of East and South Boulevard's relatively "urban". Of course, there are areas that are very upscale, but still maintain a "close-to-town" feel. There's nothing in SouthPark I consider to be remotely urban.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte