Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2016, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,590 times

Advertisements

I was stopped by a State Police cruiser and cited for having dead tags that expired a week ago. I tried to explain that the DMV had placed a hold on all tags resulting from deliquent County personal property tax. I need two weeks to have enough money to get the taxes paid. since I have already been citied what will happen if I continue driving my car with the expired plates. I need to go to work and do not have alternative vehicles to use. Do I just keep piling up the tickets for the next two weeks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 03:40 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,221,585 times
Per the DMV website:
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
One-Month Registration Extension

If needed, a one-time, one-month registration extension may be requested in person at a DMV customer service center or DMV Select location. This extension will allow you to drive legally for one additional month, while you satisfy the requirements of the locality. A $10 administrative fee will be charged for the extension and prorated registration fees will be collected for the one-month registration period. In order to be eligible, your vehicle registration must be valid and due to expire within the current calendar month.
This extension is not available for toll violations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Charlottesville