Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 11,502 times

Advertisements

I'm planning to move to the Chattanooga area soon and wondered what the pay scale is for RNs. Also, are most of the jobs in nursing homes/assisted living, or hospitals, or Dr. offices? Do they mostly have 12 hours shifts, or are they 8 hour shifts? Any info on nursing work would be helpful. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 03:02 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,348 times
Have you tried contacting the hospitals in the area directy? The two major providers in the area are Erlanger and Memorial. There might also be information on their respective websites.

Good luck! You're in one of those professions that is always hiring and is much appreciated.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Thanks, Grizzlybear 34. I did check the hospital websites and it seems Erlanger needs lots of nurses! Didn't find any info on salary, but will keep checking various sources. Thanks much. Weezie

Old 07-28-2007, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 21,132 times
Yes, there seems to be tons of medical field jobs here!

Old 07-29-2007, 05:56 AM

31 posts, read 100,587 times
Whereas I don't have salary information, I can say that based on the company and type of nursing work, the salaries can vary.

The hospitals do have different shifts available. I have a friend that works as an X-Ray tech and she works two 16 hour shifts on the weekends only. This allows her to get credit for a full 40 hour shift and be off Monday-Friday. She has 2 small children so this works out great for her. I believe they also have this same schedule available for nursing.

You might also check with careerbuilder.com for the Chattanooga area and see what is available through that site.

Blessings to you and have a great day! Hope this information is helpful.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:30 AM

Thanks for the tips. I am really excited about moving down south. I did find out about wages in a general way. I'm coming down in Sept and will talk to employers then. Planning to move in Oct. Thanks again for your input. Weezie

Old 11-03-2007, 10:38 AM

6 posts, read 22,251 times
Weezie there are about 4 or 5 hospitals in a 40 mile radius. I spoke with a ARNP at Erlanger. There are alot of nursing jobs up there. Do you have a speciality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
View detailed profiles of: