Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:41 PM

35 posts, read 204,871 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the report Rick. I look forward to hear what Grizzly reports on the progress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,802 times
Any report about Sequatchie on 2008

Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 PM

32 posts, read 113,373 times
Default Sequatchie Pointe Status

There is another owner in Sequatchie Pointe that went a couple weeks ago and still waiting to hear his information. I will be going up next weekend (April 26th) so will post my observations and a couple of pictures. Actually my wife and I made it our own new tradition to go up to the National Cornbread Festival every year to see the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (The National Cornbread Festival South Pittsburg, Tennessee). It is in South Pittsburg not too far from Sequatchie Pointe so will have the opportunity to check out the Sequatchie Pointe development at the same time. I'll let you know what I find out!!

Old 04-18-2008, 02:46 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,477 times
Alright, I'll take the bait.

My family and I stopped very briefly to check the fauna and flora on our location and to see what the area looked like in the spring. Unfortunately, they were all anxious to get on vacation rather than watch Dad trapze around the lot. I did not get time to drive the entire development or talk to the developer.

The biggest holdup was a section of road going up the mountain that has been sliding on them. My understanding is that this section is under contract with another engineering firm and should see activity again late this month/early May. Until this setion is repaired properly, water lines can not be run, nor power, as this is the same route they will take.

Sorry, but that's about all I know.

Rickfl - Enjoy the vacation and save me some cornbread! If you get more time than we did, would like to hear what you find out as well.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,719 times
The road going up the Mountain can not get approved i check with the county commisioner and he said that Detwiler (the developer) has not paid the proper fees nor has he paid his road crew and they are suing him. I was very interested in a lot there but the road is way too steep to go up unless you have a humvee and i dont want to take a chance on the property.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-FL View Post
Oh my goodness!! Where did the criticism of Sequatchie Pointe come from and how is that related to a question about downtown Chattanooga? I would really like to know why there is such hatred towards Sequatchie Pointe. Criticism is actually very healthy and I admire and appreciate valid argument and discussion. However, constantly calling a company crooks, frauds, making comments like "get a lawyer" are fairly general comments. Then calling those of us who bought in this development names is surprisingly silly. Should there be any documentation or ability to substantiate some of these claims I would like to know. Otherwise I will continue to disregard unsubstantiated comments. Yes I bought in Sequatchie Pointe in January and love it as much now as I did in January. Development is coming along fantastic and I look forward to building my semi-retirement home in about 2 years. Maybe I should print all these criticisms out so, in two years, when I am sitting on my front porch in Sequatchie Pointe relaxing I have some humor to read!!
I can't tell how old these posts are (must be missing something) but we are a central Florida couple who also purchased property at Sequatchie Pt in October, 07. We are pleased with the purchase and have only one concern and that is the recent entrance road failure which I understand is an engineering nightmare according to our contact, Paul Bentley. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any input on this. We visited the sight in April ('08) and came through the back entrance (Trenton) by the sales office. We did not go and look at the entrance road as our site is very close to the back gate and it was early AM and no one was in the sales office to give us any info. Paul has always been up front with us but I'd like to hear from someone else regarding the road situation.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:51 PM

849 posts, read 2,954,477 times
I'm Hooked - For information on Sequatchie Pointe, please contact me. Please click the link below for a little more info that was posted earlier in May. Also sent you a direct message.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...inte-info.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga