Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 10:39 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,400 times

Advertisements

Anyone know much about this new subdivision? We are going to be relocating in June of 2010 and are starting to look for housing. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 08:19 PM

243 posts, read 692,516 times
My parents live in Shadow Ridge a few miles down the road (going towards Ooltewah Ringgold Road). You'll be zoned for the Ooltewah Schools (Wolftever, OMS, and OHS. . .you might be in the new middle/high school zone, but you'd have to look that up on the hamilton county's website). The area isn't bad. It is safe. You're also about 5-10 minutes from the mall, movie theatre, and restaurants. I know the homes there start at $179,000 and a lot of them are still being built (the subdivision is not finished yet). It is obviously a new neighborhood, so you won't have a home that is 15-30 years old like in the neighboring subdivisions.

The big downside is that you'll be off of a busy street. If you have a house further into the subdivision, you won't get the noise. We have friends in neighboring subdivisions (Shenandoah, Quail Run, and Oak Shadows) and they all like the area & have not had any issues. The big thing at the moment is that the City of Chattanooga is trying to annex portions of the county. I'm not sure if this area has already been annexed or not, but if it hasn't, it is definitely being kept in mind (therefore. . .you'd pay city and county taxes). I know that my friends in Shenandoah are spared from annexation this time around, but they may not be so lucky the next time.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:21 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,545 times
Exactly right. This subdivision is on both sides of Standifer Gap road. The houses there are extremely well built, with fine details like crown moulding and granite counter tops. They have tall trey ceilings and nice appliances. Most have nice decks in the back. Avoid the homes directly on Standifer Gap road, even though they are less expensive than the ones deeper inside the community. They are about 1/3 built out right now, but they are selling fast and there are a few up for rent. The only thing I personally don't like about the subdivision is that most of the homes have garage doors that face the front. This is due to the small lot sizes, so the community looks cheaper because of all these front facing garages. More upscale communities have restrictions that say garages must be turned with a side entrance or be in the rear of the house. Most people will not find this a problem, but I prefer side garages.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM

623 posts, read 1,602,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
Exactly right. This subdivision is on both sides of Standifer Gap road. The houses there are extremely well built, with fine details like crown moulding and granite counter tops. They have tall trey ceilings and nice appliances. Most have nice decks in the back. Avoid the homes directly on Standifer Gap road, even though they are less expensive than the ones deeper inside the community. They are about 1/3 built out right now, but they are selling fast and there are a few up for rent. The only thing I personally don't like about the subdivision is that most of the homes have garage doors that face the front. This is due to the small lot sizes, so the community looks cheaper because of all these front facing garages. More upscale communities have restrictions that say garages must be turned with a side entrance or be in the rear of the house. Most people will not find this a problem, but I prefer side garages.

That is SOOOO funny that you say that you prefer side garages because WE DO TOO! The house that we like and would like to build has a side garage. Thanks again for the input!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,027 times
I understand the original post is old. We live at the Lakes at Standifer. We love our floor plan however our tile floor begain to crack completely across the floor within 18 months!? This is occurring in other homes as well. We will see if he corrects the problem, we arent hoping for the best here. This is rediculous after 18 months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
View detailed profiles of: