Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 06:08 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,243 times

Advertisements

We are relocating in June and my wife would like to get a job with the school system as a lunch lady or some other part time position. Anyone have any ideas what the pay is like or how they are to work for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 05:55 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
They child nutrition dept is always hiring so that should be no problem. I suppose the work environment changes with the school as there is a different manager at each one but the c.n dept is a great group of folks. Pay starts in the high $7 range and applicants are hired in as part time. If someone quits or retires then one can move up to full time, which is anything over 6 hrs a day. You can request a specific school to work at but that's not guaranteed.

She could also look for something in before and after school childcare or substitute teaching. These departments seem to always be needing folks too.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:08 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
Oops I forgot a little something

https://jobs.hcde.org/ats/job_board_...PE_ID=00000001

Old 01-22-2010, 02:57 PM

91 posts, read 282,250 times
Without a degree substitute teachers make $50 a day.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:02 PM

44 posts, read 108,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
We are relocating in June and my wife would like to get a job with the school system as a lunch lady or some other part time position. Anyone have any ideas what the pay is like or how they are to work for?
I don't want to get your hopes up or anything, but I saw on NewsChannel9 that the New East Hamilton High is near capacity and the lady that works for the school board(Sorry. I don't remember her name) was talking about new schools in the East Brainerd and/or Ooltewah area. So if they do construct new schools, you may have a better chance of being employed with them. As I said though, I don't want to get your hopes up because new schools aren't even in the proposed stage.

As for the pay, I'm not sure what your salary will be but I know your benefits are like no other.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:24 PM

48 posts, read 111,589 times
The land has already been given/sold to Hamilton County for the next middle school to be built once East Hamilton is at capacity. If you look on Google maps, it's the land directly behind Apison Elementary. The developer of Bentwood Cove is the one who gave or sold this land to Hamilton County. As for construction of this middle school, it could be several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga