Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 11:00 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times

Advertisements

I suppose that if I lived in the Peoples Republic of SanFrancisco I might be somewhat constrained by peer group pressure not to have the 11 cars and trucks that constitute my fleet of gas guzzling smoke belching vehicles. Perhaps. But, like many independent midwesterners I bristle at the prospect of a nanny state and its nanny citizen acolytes saying what should and shouldn't be allowed as far as personal choice is concerned. An Escalade is a pretty nice truck. A fancied up Tahoe, like I said about 50 posts or so ago. And, I would not hesitate to have one or two of them if they fit into the fleet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
I suppose that if I lived in the Peoples Republic of SanFrancisco I might be somewhat constrained by peer group pressure not to have the 11 cars and trucks that constitute my fleet of gas guzzling smoke belching vehicles. Perhaps. But, like many independent midwesterners I bristle at the prospect of a nanny state and its nanny citizen acolytes saying what should and shouldn't be allowed as far as personal choice is concerned. An Escalade is a pretty nice truck. A fancied up Tahoe, like I said about 50 posts or so ago. And, I would not hesitate to have one or two of them if they fit into the fleet.
I'm not constrained by any peer pressure, neither are most of the people living in the city. I do abide by logic and reasoning which I guess are skills which many people don't possess.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'm not constrained by any peer pressure, neither are most of the people living in the city. I do abide by logic and reasoning which I guess are skills which many people don't possess.
No, I have a little experience with SF and I'd say trend, fashion, and fad are more important than logic and reason there.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
No, I have a little experience with SF and I'd say trend, fashion, and fad are more important than logic and reason there.
Then you must have experience with very little of the population here. Although trend, fashion and fad have a lot of affect on the mass population of a country as a whole, from the sheer number of SUV's and trucks driving through San Francisco on any one day you'd be hard pressed to say that societal pressure is pushing people away from buying such vehicles. Of course you'll see less of them then say, several hundred miles out in smaller towns but this has more to do with the smaller size and restricted availability of space in a large city rather than peer pressure. I've been spending a good deal of time in Minden, NV over the past few years and my girlfriends family there has a few trucks. These are used to carry firewood, bikes, tools and other equipment. These are uses that simply make sense. But myself buying one in the city is about as pointless as buying a ten room house and living in it on my own leaving 8 of the rooms empty. Sure I can technically do it, but it would be a dumb idea.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:55 PM

5 posts, read 5,367 times
Hi everybody! I'm newborn here, thats my first post ))
My English is very bad, I know that, but I'll try to do my best...
Nobody said just a word about Toyota Sequoia. Why so? I think, it's also a very close to Escalade SUV. Or I'm wrong?
Is 08'Sequoia much expensive in US and Canada, than ES?
I'm from Ukraine. Sequoia-2008 costs here $65 - 70 grand. The price of a new model, as far as I know, is $90 grand.
As for me, Sequoia & Tundra is selling better, or bestsellers, ))) than Escalade. In my country.
Thanks

Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoomBamBar View Post
Nobody said just a word about Toyota Sequoia. Why so? I think, it's also a very close to Escalade SUV. Or I'm wrong?
I'm from Ukraine. Sequoia-2008 costs here $65 - 70 grand. The price of a new model, as far as I know, is $90 grand.
As for me, Sequoia & Tundra is selling better, or bestsellers, ))) than Escalade. In my country.
Thanks
Hi, welcome to the forums.

At least in America, the Escalade is bigger and more expensive than a Sequoia. The price for a used 08 for either SUV would depend on the local market, on the condition and miles on the vehicle, and on what the customer is willing to pay.

What part of Ukraine are you from? I have visited Kiev and Dnipro.

Your English is not bad.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:11 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoomBamBar View Post
Thanks
Sequoia's cost a lot less than Escalades and thus have alot less bling. Use 2008 Sequoia's run in from $35 to $45k here in the USA. They hold their value much better than Escalades. Those who buy Sequoia's buy then because they need or want them, most who buy Escalades buy them as a status symbol

Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah.

I live in SF. My flatmate has an Escalade. I know people who live in SF and own SUV's, classic cars, sports cars that don't get very good mileage... for my part, I own a completely impractical convertible sports car.

Don't run your mouth about things you don't know

Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
40K for an 2008 Escalade, no way. Now 40K for an 2008 LX. Yeah Baby.
I think this about sums up some of the hypocritical posts in this thread. People call an Escalade and overpriced Tahoe/Surburban/Avalanche that isn't worth it, but would gladly pay the money for a gussied up Landcruiser, or any other Japanese car that is platform or badge engineered.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:44 AM

758 posts, read 1,640,214 times
Personally, I don't ever see myself paying $40,000 for a car, no matter what type. Especially if it isn't new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC