Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:20 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,214,050 times

Advertisements

Wondering what peoples initial thoughts are on the all-new 2013 Chevy Malibu. Some here know I am in the market for a new car soon and I thought I had settled on a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Altima, or Chevy Cruze (and even the new F150/Tundra), but since I have seen this car, I have became really interested in it. I love the exterior styling, as well as the interior. I have also heard that it will have much improved MPG and will have a direct injection engine for '13. GM says it will be offered in over 100 different countries worldwide!

I was really wanting a new car this summer, but think I may wait until I can check out this car.

I just hope they offer options like navigation and back up camera, etc on the base LS and mid-level LT models. I know the top level LTZ (as seen below) will, but seems like most automakers only offer such features even as options on top trim levels. Hyundai is about the only exception to this, as they offer this on even their base models as options (at least navigation systems). You can even get optional navigation on the base Elantra GLS.

I have also been hearing that an all new Accord, Camry and Altima are due for 2012, so it would be interesting to see what they roll out as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
OK looking Buick Regal.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,214,050 times
I think its actually quite larger than the Regal. These pics dont really depict the size of the car that well unfortunately.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:17 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
I doubt, you will get the navigation on the ls but it will be available in the lt and ltz.

I like it as well. I liked the last generation malibu as well. Kinda sad, they are getting rid of the v6 though.

I didn't know a new accord and altima were coming as well. New camry should be for sale in august or september.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:48 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,576,692 times
It looks so much better than the First Gen.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 AM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
NOW, I like it.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5926/2013malibu.jpg (broken link)
Bob.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:33 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,869,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Wondering what peoples initial thoughts are on the all-new 2013 Chevy Malibu. Some here know I am in the market for a new car soon and I thought I had settled on a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Altima, or Chevy Cruze (and even the new F150/Tundra), but since I have seen this car, I have became really interested in it. I love the exterior styling, as well as the interior. I have also heard that it will have much improved MPG and will have a direct injection engine for '13. GM says it will be offered in over 100 different countries worldwide!

I was really wanting a new car this summer, but think I may wait until I can check out this car.

I just hope they offer options like navigation and back up camera, etc on the base LS and mid-level LT models. I know the top level LTZ (as seen below) will, but seems like most automakers only offer such features even as options on top trim levels. Hyundai is about the only exception to this, as they offer this on even their base models as options (at least navigation systems). You can even get optional navigation on the base Elantra GLS.

I have also been hearing that an all new Accord, Camry and Altima are due for 2012, so it would be interesting to see what they roll out as well.

Great looking and performing car .. Excellent choice

Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 AM

859 posts, read 2,827,956 times
The latest Malibu has not been a bad car reliability wise. Styling has been kind of lame and interior materials where bad but the redesign looks a lot better. Hopefully they will continue to improve.

Still not on par with the Japanese car companies but getting much better. Most people criticize the government for getting involved with GM but it was that involvement that caused a major restructuring and an increased focus on quality. 5 yrs ago I wouldn't consider buying anything GM made in the last 30 yrs. Today I would consider some of their newer models but still not as a primary car.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:05 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
I have a 2010 Malibu and it has been a good, if rather regular car. The Malibu that premiered in 2008 was a major imporvement to the old model and marked the direction GM was taking. The Malibu is still their bread and butter car in the most competitve segment, so it needs to be good.

One thing that GM really missed out on was continuing to update the last gen car 2008-2012 throughout its life. For the most part, the engines, transmissions and option packages all stayed the same. One thing a lot of people were disappointed with was that some features were even decontented to keep the price inline. For instance, a 2009 LTZ had minor features that you couldn't get on a 2010 LTZ. GM needs to look at adopting the "standard" which would be a 4-5 year model cycle with a major update at the 2-3 mark.

Outside of that criticisim, the car is overall put together well and uses materials that are up to industry standard. It is a legit competitor versus the also ran that it used to be. This model looks like it will continue that trend.

One thing to note is that "navigation" is available on every trim level via OnStar turn-by-turn directions. The effort to create this service has seemingly turned GM off of putting traditional nav systems in all but the luxury and high trim line vehicles. So, I would think you could get a traditional nav in the LTZ, but the lower trims are going to be tied to using the OnStar navigation. Not a bad system, but not as good as a standalone. If the LCD screen is a "standard" item appearing in all but the LS trim, I would think things like a back camera will be available on all but the base model.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
According to multiple car magazines, the Malibu will be on the same size (length, width roughly) as the Buick Regal and will also share the same platform and engines. The magazines are speculating that the upcoming Impala will be the Buick Lacrosse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC