Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,623,744 times

Advertisements

oh great, they're gonna replace the gauge cluster with a lame "infotainment" display. Just what we all need.

Honestly, I don't understand why car designers just don't install 10" touch-sensitive LCD's that act as an external monitors where u just connect your ipad or smartphone. Then ppl can multitask to their hearts content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 569 times
I've owned or leased Cadillacs all of my life, and they have there good points and bad. The Northstart engine burns oil due to its high revving engine, not to mention it runs hot. I remember my first Cadillac with the Northstar engine, it had 4,000 miles and I burned two quarts of oil..I was concerned so I contacted the Cadillac dealership where I purchased the vehicle from,and they stated Tony, It is what it is.....I choose to own Cadillacs because I like there style and ride...Tech is another story, I own a 2011 STS and a 1996 STS, and about a week ago the electric seat went out on my 2011 STS while I was out of town on business so I called GM and I asked there service rep is there a way to overide the switch or motor so I can move the seat up? His response was No.......

AS much as technology allows us the abilty to have GPS, DVD's,MP3's, I-pods, and electric seats, they come with a price.....To be honest I sometimes miss the good old roll up windows and seats that move back and forth by moving the seat lever.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Oh god, old people the world over will be so confused.
I'm pretty sure grampy will still be able to buy the car without this system as I doubt it will be standard equipment.

Looks like a neat system. Hope it works as well as it looks.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,928,902 times
Great, just freakin great. It's not bad enough these dimwits are going down the road chatting on their phones, now they can text while driving and just how long would it take to change radio channels on that cluster buck? The driver is supposed to be driving, not playing with the dashboard. I would expect a good attorney will be filing a class action lawsuit against GM for this attractive nuisance. But how many will get killed first is an unknown. This is not a plus in any car.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
If it uses voice recognition why is he pushing so many "buttons"? I'd appreciate the system, but it makes me nervous thinking about some of the people I know using it. Can you spell t-bone?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:28 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I got a chuckle out of the marketing, using a guy in his 40s with a "night out mix," for music. That's not the typical demographic for the large Cadillacs, in my experience. It will be interesting to see if it can work without too many glitches, though I would fear hackers and viruses if the vehicle were web-enabled as people are bad enough about keeping their computers or phones virus-free. The Linux-based system architecture does not have as much malware as do Windows-based systems, but you never know what a black hat hacker could do to a system if they wanted to disrupt it.
LOL. When was the last time you saw a LARGE Cadillac???

Think I'll stick to working on cranes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC