Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,079,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Who cares about top speed? Can't get over 200MPH on a road course. This will will eat up cars that cost 3x as much.

At least you can get this car with a real manual transmission, unlike every other car that competes with it.
And I think when GM says track, that's what they're talking about, they don't design their cars to be 1/4 beasts though some are quite capable.

Like las vegas drunk above me said, I just can't get over the rear end, it's just too Camaro for me...

The interior of the C7 has been leaps and bounds above the C6, though.

Now I wonder at what price this thing will come in at. The guys over the Corvette forums are hoping it's over $100k and has low production numbers. They want it to maintain value, you know, make it exclusive but the more sensible guys are saying no way because at $100k, Chevy can't move enough of them to make money and that's the whole point of producing the car in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 11:01 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,468,333 times
I was hoping for $80-90k so I can look at one of these in 2018 lol when it drops

Old 01-11-2014, 11:06 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,887,865 times
This guy has some good points:

Top Reasons Z06 will be well under $90k - Corvette Forum

Hopefully it starts around same point as C6Z, $75K!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:09 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,495,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: This Is it

according to this article and other similar ones it seems it will at least be offered with some kind of automatic (can see paddle shifters on the steering wheel)

Pssssssstt.. EVERY single C7 made has paddles behind the wheel. On the 7 speed manual shift models the paddles function to turn the auto blip on and off.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:14 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,013,801 times
Dunno if i like it or not...And for some reason, i still don't think the people who line up in the Ferrari dealership are the same ones gracing a Chevrolet dealership, despite my love of the corvette.

I'm sure the scoops, inlets, exhausts, wings, defusers, etc are all very functional, the same way Ferrari and Lamborghini have done at times, but as with those cars it seems a like overkill and a bit tacky. It does definitely remind of C5R and C6R vehicles which is cool, but still a bit excessive for street use...Unless they start trying to do things in Porsche 911 GT3 fashion (pay more, less carpet, sound deadening, and other comforts) then it seems like an odd marriage of blingy race prepped bodywork and "comfortable" date night interior.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:16 PM

Looks much better than a Camaro!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Pssssssstt.. EVERY single C7 made has paddles behind the wheel. On the 7 speed manual shift models the paddles function to turn the auto blip on and off.
High res pictures show + and - on the paddles. The Stringray's M7 say " REV MATCH" on them. Definitely something different going on here. An 8 speed auto will be a good addition. I also believe (hope) the top is removable, which is kick ass.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:51 AM

860 posts, read 2,204,363 times
Looks like the new Z is going to be one sick ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It looks gorgeous from the front, but it still has that god awful rear end. Sorry, but one of my favorite cars of all time was ruined after 2013.
You know I used to think the same thing but I think that rear end is actually starting to grow on me.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:07 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,091,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban analysis therapist View Post
Are you planning to take it to Bonneville or the Nardo Ring? Or are you planning to brag to your bar buddies about how fast your car can go? The way I see it, you're probably never going to reach your car's top speed anyway. So why complain about it?

Personally, I'd rather have shorter gearing but a lower top speed rather than taller gearing and a higher top speed. In the former, I can feel how quick my car's acceleration is. In the latter, I would be accelerating very slowly because I would now be able to reach a super high top speed that I can never achieve on public roads.
You don't sound like someone who has ever had a high horsepower car. Trust me, none of us are "accelerating very slowly" because our gearing is long enough so we can go over 200.

I don't buy cars and not use them to their potential, most of the guys I know with high end cars are the same way, they actually use them.

I live in TX, we do the TX Mile here, and the TX Invitational is right in my backyard. For a car with ~600whp, that equates to about 200mph at the mile mark. Not to mention, 0-60 is a meaningless statistic now with sports cars. Cars have so much power and torque that it became traction limited long ago. Now, to really show how fast a car is, there is the 60-130 measure. There are guys I know that can do that in the 3 second range. Now THAT is a fast car, and those cars hit well over 200 in the standing mile. They're not being accused of accelerating slowly during it either.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,289,811 times
USA has been kicking butt on those German, and Italian cars for years. This ZO6 is a very pretty car and will do well. There's an annual race here in Nevada where Big Red 69 Camaro bodied, Nascar chassis, BBC holds the unlimited class record at an average speed over 90 miles of 197 MPH.

Silver State Classic Challenge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wealthy buy that foreign stuff, and even I admire the craftsmanship, but nothing is better than USA made!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC