Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:36 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Do you have numbers?
Yeah.

Buick Encore blitzes first-year sales predictions - Autoblog

Quote:
With its first full year of sales in the bag, it's safe to say that Buick has a hit on its hands with the Encore. US buyers have snatched up 31,046 of the small, premium crossovers since the Encore went on sale in January of 2013, while 97,311 were sold globally (not counting its counterparts from Opel and Vauxhall).

While we liked the Encore when we first drove it, we'll admit, we weren't sure how the tiny CUV would do. In fact, the first thing Executive Editor Chris Paukert wrote about the Encore was, "We admit it. We have no earthly idea how this whole thing is going to shake out." But it's done well, and has been subject to heavy demand over the past year, blowing away the estimates of analysts, who, according to an August story from Automotive News, projected no more than 18,500 units would be sold in 2013.

"Right out of the gate, demand for the Encore was high," Tony DiSalle, vice president of Buick marketing said in a statement. "It accounted for most of the segment's growth last year and that's because it offers the right safety, technology and features in the right-sized vehicle for many customers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 01:40 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,934,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg31816 View Post
Anyone have any experience with these? Or Buick's in general? I've sort of fallen in love with them visually but have no experience with this car brand...
We leased a brand new encore last year... we really enjoy it.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:52 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,873,925 times
I like it and we looked at it as a potential replacement for my totaled 2010 Pontiac Vibe, but my daughter decided it was a bit too small to put her dog's kennel and stuff in the back. She would have to always drop the rear seats, while the stuff would fit in the back of the Vibe with the seats up. She ended up with a new Rogue SV for about the same price.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:51 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,392,303 times
I don't like it. It looks like someone hacked the trunk off a larger SUV. I love SUVs, but because of the cargo space. This has no cargo space. A Ford Escape Titanium or CR-V EX-L is far more capable and cheaper too.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:54 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,565,213 times
Well we went to test drive one yesterday in Sherman Oaks. The salesman had sold his last one that morning, but he had a used 2013 encore for us to drive to see if we would like the 2015. It was the base model and didn't have any of the fancy things we wanted, but I loved it!

My main issue with SUV's (driver leg room) has been fixed. I had a 2004 Rodeo with a ton of space, but I was crammed in up front driving and my seat wouldn't go back anymore. It was a nuisance and I only kept it for 4 years before getting an Accord. Plus it had such a big cabin that I had my AC running full blast most of the time in Houston summers.

This smaller compact interior with a ton of head room and lots of driver leg room (I didn't even have my seat back as far as it would go) seems to be what I'm looking for. I love it's size and it would be perfect for parking in LA. I drive around Hollywood and West LA mostly so a giant SUV is not for me.

My only gripe is the lack of HD radio. I really want that in my next car and it seems like car makers are starting to drop this option. I noticed the 2015 Impala dropped it. Why?? It's a selling point for me.

Has anyone looked at the new concept Honda HR-V coming next year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC