Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 01:17 AM

22 posts, read 23,595 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Though I have raised this question before, but time has finally come to move to Chicago, so need to make up my mind quickly.

I am moving to Chicago with my family (wife and 20 months old boy) and my office is in South Racine Avenue. Zip code 60607. It is at a walking distance from the closest metro station. (as it appears from the Google Map)

Can you please suggest a good area to rent a 1 Bed house (1300-1500$ per month), considering the following :

- have a toddler, thus school is not a priority for at least some time.
- though will have a car, but will travel by the Metra Line and don't mind traveling for about 30 mins
- Parking availability.
- Budget - 1300- 1500 USD for a 1-2 Bedroom Apartment.
- Amenities and overall charm of the place.
- My job will require travel, so safety and amenities close by would be extremely important as my wife and baby will be alone.

Given the modest budget and no pressing need for high quality schools, please recommend places that are mostly safe areas with a range of affordable options and allow for an easy commute.

Will be looking at this "place" as a landing pad for about for about 8-10 months, by that time we will get to move around and learn more about the city, before planning to shift or stay there finally.

Need to finalize an area quickly so that I can get in touch with the local realtors.

Also, please give some more tips for relocation, as I have never been to Chicago before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: