Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 09:32 AM

1,170 posts, read 3,437,136 times

Advertisements

who do you use? I currently have concast cable and internet and paying $99 for both. they've jacked up the price since my promo ran out. I have ZERO use for landline phone so I don't need that but Im thinking of switching from concast to att u verse for cable and internet but i heard att internet is garbage.

your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,258,281 times
I use AT&T DSL, and I get along just fine. I've got the 3mb line, and unless you're downloading 2 movies at once, or doing some hardcore gaming- you'll be OK. I download some music, photos, etc while surfing the web, and I've never had an issue.

If you get the cheapest DSL option (768K) you may be a little miffed.

My parents have AT&T U-Verse for TV, and DSL, and they're fine.

Comcast is a thieving corporation, IMHO.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:26 PM

694 posts, read 2,017,039 times
I have AT&T DSL. FOr $35 I have the Elite package which is 6.0 down 1.5 up----which is very fast. DSL is very fast---Comcast misleads you because they always compare their 6.0 package to AT&T's 768k's package----i.e. not comparing apple's to apple's.

I haven't switched to UVERSE tv for a few reasons, one of which is they do not carry Comcast Sportsnet HD---crazy. If you call Comcast and tell them you want to stop service they will offer you a retention deal. I have $20 off the Preferred package and free Showtime for 6 months. Call their 800# and when you finally get through to a live person tell them your calling to end your service..... Then they will offer you a deal.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManheimMadman View Post
I use AT&T DSL, and I get along just fine. I've got the 3mb line, and unless you're downloading 2 movies at once, or doing some hardcore gaming- you'll be OK. I download some music, photos, etc while surfing the web, and I've never had an issue.

If you get the cheapest DSL option (768K) you may be a little miffed.

My parents have AT&T U-Verse for TV, and DSL, and they're fine.

Comcast is a thieving corporation, IMHO.
Agreed on Concast! now what is the cost of your DSL/mo?

Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
I have AT&T DSL. FOr $35 I have the Elite package which is 6.0 down 1.5 up----which is very fast. DSL is very fast---Comcast misleads you because they always compare their 6.0 package to AT&T's 768k's package----i.e. not comparing apple's to apple's.

I haven't switched to UVERSE tv for a few reasons, one of which is they do not carry Comcast Sportsnet HD---crazy. If you call Comcast and tell them you want to stop service they will offer you a retention deal. I have $20 off the Preferred package and free Showtime for 6 months. Call their 800# and when you finally get through to a live person tell them your calling to end your service..... Then they will offer you a deal.
hahahaha, sounds good thanks lifer!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 PM

610 posts, read 2,730,092 times
I have ATT for phone and DSL. I am pleased with my service. I have Comcast for cable TV only. Two years ago I had Comcast for my internet serivce and was very unhappy. It was always out. I went three days with no internet connection yet the cable TV was fine. I found that in my area Comcast internet was a problem for many people. So, now I use them for only cable TV and ATT for landline and internet. My landline and internet run about $90 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs