Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 06:15 PM

97 posts, read 144,247 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good realtor in Oswego? I am looking for someone who will aggressively market my home and get me a quick sale for a fair price considering the market conditions. My home is around 3000 sq feet if that changes the dynamic at all.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:54 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel67 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good realtor in Oswego? I am looking for someone who will aggressively market my home and get me a quick sale for a fair price considering the market conditions. My home is around 3000 sq feet if that changes the dynamic at all.

thanks
Call John @ RealStar.(630)420-7400

RealStar Realty - HOME

Old 05-20-2009, 09:47 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
INTERVIEW SEVERAL AGENTS!!!

Ask them to present a marketing plan, demonstrate their knowledge of the prices that comparable houses have recently sold for, the length of time those homes had been on the market and the reason that your home might take longer. Also their suggestions as to things you might do to make your home have a shorter time on the market. Have them give you cell phone and email. Before you determine which one to sign with try to contact them via both methods and evaluate how quickly and professionally they reply. (and for goodness sake have a GOOD question to ask them, don't just 'cry wolf' to see if they drop their dinner fork to answer your call!) Potential buyers will do the same. Ask them about their knowledge of other real estate agents, ask them who they would select to market their own home and way. They may surprise with their answer.

Take suggestions from friends, neighborhoods, co-workers with a large grain of salt.

In real estate top listers have different strategies that do not always result in the most closed sales /highest selling prices / quickest sales. Different parts of the market respond better to different kinds of agents. Ask the agents how they would identify with /provide guidance to the the buyers that your home is likely to attract.

Good Luck!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 AM

610 posts, read 2,729,861 times
I will send you a direct message with a name and number

Old 05-21-2009, 08:07 AM

610 posts, read 2,729,861 times
Joel,
I sent you a name and number of someone to call. I do not work for that company, I am not related to that agent and I do not live in that area. I have worked with her in the past and she is very professional and energetic. In my opinion she will do a very good job and has been in the business for a long time. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs