Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:36 PM

31 posts, read 36,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
I wish I knew, but I personally think it's a waste of tax dollars and a cruel reason to displace homeowners.

I guess "they" want O'Hare to not only be the busiest airport, but the biggest?
If you ever see the suburbs around the O'Hare area, you'll realize there's no big loss. When one of the biggest aviation disasters in history happened at O'Hare in '83, the airplane barely got off the runway and ended up crashing very close to a trailer park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 03:49 PM

578 posts, read 3,063,736 times
I always wondered what they were doing, I have been delayed eveytime I flew into O'Hare but I think its a great airport very modern and clean (apart from the check-in area) with plenty of places to eat etc. Although its large its easy to navigate around and not get lost.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 PM

6 posts, read 17,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
I was wondering if anyone here can give me any insight into the Chicago Suburbs that will be affected by the O'Hare Expansion. I have found some websites that mention legislature to delay or stop the process, but cannot locate any maps that show what parts of which suburbs will be taken over by O'Hare. Also what changes in flight patterns that would result from this issue.

If anyone has any inside information or maps (or links to them), please post! I'm trying to give a friend advice on this issue and steer her in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!
It is not only the City of Chicago, but the State Of Illinois. They will take eminent domain of York Road, west side, from Troundale to Grand Ave. A new viducti is also supose to be built at York and Irving this year. It has not started yet. The problem is no one wants to say anything, Village officals, City of Chcago, etc. and the home owners here get traped. Stay clear is my advice.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:38 PM

3 posts, read 7,695 times
Looks like the AMC O'Hare post office will be demolished to accommodate the O'Hare airport expansion. AMC O'Hare post office has been a service to the public and transport of the mail since 1956. A loss of this facility would be a loss in both public service and in a long standing respect to the USPS as one of the premiere post offices in the USA.
Please contact your US goverment representatives in maintaing AMC O'Hare post office. A US post office with a long standing positive reputation with the american people

Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 AM

408 posts, read 998,694 times
This expansion will cause a gigantic tie-up in traffic along Irving and York, amongst other roads.
I can only imagine how these thoroughfares will be compensated for.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 7,695 times
The AMC O'Hare post office might be well sent for demolition in the O'Hare airport expansion. Servicing the public and business since 1956 the AMC O'Hare post office is a premier post office in both service and name to americans.
Please contact your US goverment representatives in preserving AMC O'Hare post office in both name and function as a landmark postal facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs