Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,898 times

Advertisements

I was curious if anyone knew if there was parking available (street or permit) near the Western Metra stop that is by Western and Grand, and the Western Metra Stop that is by Western and 18th. I'll be having to use both stops for my job so hoping to avoid the bus to get to the them.

Any info on the parking situation in those areas would be awesome. I've driven around there a bit and can't quite be sure. Don't want to risk leaving my car there and getting it ticketed/towed.

Thanks,
T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 10:30 PM

9 posts, read 25,938 times
There is pretty easy street parking near western ave metra (western and hubbard) and surrounding areas. Depends what time train you are taking but if you're taking the 7:33 or before you should be fine.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:46 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFC16 View Post
I was curious if anyone knew if there was parking available (street or permit) near the Western Metra stop that is by Western and Grand, and the Western Metra Stop that is by Western and 18th. I'll be having to use both stops for my job so hoping to avoid the bus to get to the them.

Any info on the parking situation in those areas would be awesome. I've driven around there a bit and can't quite be sure. Don't want to risk leaving my car there and getting it ticketed/towed.

Thanks,
T
The Western and 18th location, which I've used to board/leave Metra trains from, is a bit desolate even thoiugh there's a lot of street traffic during the day. There's street parking the regulations for which are posted for all to read. My own concern would be for vandalism to the vehicle. You could, however park closer to 22nd St. than 18th St. and that might lessen the chances of problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago