Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 PM

71 posts, read 105,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
You can still buy guns and ammo, you just pay more for it.

There were two amendments to the constitution regarding booze. Booze is a constitutional right.
Surely you're smart enough to know that the second of those ammendments repealed the first. In essence saying there never should have been an ammendment in the place.

Again, you're taxing law abiding citizens, the criminals will still find away to get their weapons. You're not solving the real problem. As long as voters in this city/state remain apathetic to being nickled and dimed to death, I'm afraid we're just in for more of the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleMakers View Post
Surely you're smart enough to know that the second of those ammendments repealed the first. In essence saying there never should have been an ammendment in the place.

Again, you're taxing law abiding citizens, the criminals will still find away to get their weapons. You're not solving the real problem. As long as voters in this city/state remain apathetic to being nickled and dimed to death, I'm afraid we're just in for more of the same.
Yes, I understand that. Booze is a constitutional right. You claimed otherwise.

Law abiding citizens are taxed everyday on all sorts of things by the Feds, States and local governments.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Yes, I understand that. Booze is a constitutional right. You claimed otherwise.

Law abiding citizens are taxed everyday on all sorts of things by the Feds, States and local governments.
Au contraire. Dry county - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although the 21st Amendment repealed the prohibition of alcohol on the federal level, that Amendment does allow for its prohibition by state or local laws. Some states after the repeal passed local option laws granting counties and municipalities, either by popular vote or ordinance, the ability to decide for themselves whether to allow alcohol.

There are no state or local laws which can prohibit me from owning a gun...in any state or city (finally).

You sure do like to change the subject...and then debate on that subject.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,602 times
As long as Chicago (and most of Illinois for that matter) continues to declare themselves as an illegal alien sanctuary, the problem will continue to grow. Rahm Emanuel like Daley before him is stuck on stupid.

Quote:
DEA Boss: Mexican Drug Cartels Are So Deeply Embedded in Chicago, We Have to Operate Like We‘re ’On the Border’

The city may be nearly 2,000 miles from Mexico, but the country’s drug cartels are so deeply embedded in Chicago that local and federal law enforcement are forced to operate as if they are “on the border,” according to Jack Riley, special agent in charge for the Chicago Field Division of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
DEA Agent Jack Riley: Mexican Drug Cartels Are Embedded in Chicago | TheBlaze.com

Quote:
Many communities that became 'sanctuaries' in the 1980s have since amended or rescinded such orders in the wake of escalating welfare and crime-related costs. In 1992 the non-partisan Chicago Crime Commission asked Mayor Richard M. Daley to 'clarify' the 'sanctuary' executive order by 'specifically authorizing the [police] to cooperate with INS investigations of street gangs and other criminal activity by illegal aliens.'
http://www.thesocialcontract.com/art...icle_433.shtml

Old 10-10-2012, 03:55 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,773,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
If anything this supports getting rid of guns altogether - when was the last time a little kid got killed by a "drive by knifing" gone wrong?
No, it would still be drive-by shootings. Criminals don't obey the laws. Gun control laws that punish the law abiding are regressive and stupid.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:03 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,883,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
No, it would still be drive-by shootings. Criminals don't obey the laws. Gun control laws that punish the law abiding are regressive and stupid.
Why can't you follow you an argument properly?

Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
silly liberals.
I think the proposal by the Cook County Board, which is not the "City of Chicago", is a good one and don't doubt that an overwhelming majority of county residents favor it. Don't like it? Move elsewhere with your weapons of destruction.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think the proposal by the Cook County Board, which is not the "City of Chicago", is a good one and don't doubt that an overwhelming majority of county residents favor it. Don't like it? Move elsewhere with your weapons of destruction.
Pathetic that people favor this tax. You remind me of
this guy.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,883,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleMakers View Post
Pathetic that people favor this tax. You remind me of
this guy.
There some reason you don't have the cajones to actually display where *you* live?

I'll bet a kidney we can find a few dozen laws and regulations that redefine stupid in your neck of the woods, and with very little trouble.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I think many people are doing just that. Didn't Cook County lose residents last census? Look for that trend to continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago