Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 07:28 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times

Advertisements

I just moved here for two months for an internship so of course I wouldn't have insurance. And of course that's when my body decides to get really sick with 3 different things going on. My roommate suggested Cook County Hospital but even that costs about $200 just to be seen. I feel like I may need some testing (including STDs ) so I'm afraid my bill will run up too high. Or I can wait two months until I get back to my school when I have insurance but I don't know if I should wait that long. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 07:34 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,635,451 times
A lot of Walgreens have low cost clinics. But looks like they only do STD in AZ unfortunately

http://www.walgreens.com/topic/pharm...r-services.jsp

Last edited by via chicago; 06-08-2015 at 07:43 PM..

Old 06-08-2015, 07:42 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,173,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I just moved here for two months for an internship so of course I wouldn't have insurance. And of course that's when my body decides to get really sick with 3 different things going on. My roommate suggested Cook County Hospital but even that costs about $200 just to be seen. I feel like I may need some testing (including STDs ) so I'm afraid my bill will run up too high. Or I can wait two months until I get back to my school when I have insurance but I don't know if I should wait that long. :/
For STD testing, Howard Brown. But they don't normally do other kinds of tests.

I'm not sure they have walk-in clinics, but Community Health does offer some free services.

You can also look through the resources on the City's website.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:02 PM

846 posts, read 1,401,298 times
Miles Square Health Center
Mile Square Health Center (MSHC) - University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System

From their website
Mile Square accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and most other insurance. We will care for you and your family even if you don't have insurance. We use a sliding fee scale, which means we adjust fees based on your income. Don't put off health care because you think you can't afford it! Mile Square will help you get the care you need.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:17 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,281,567 times
Go to the emergency room with no ID and give them a temporary cell number.

But realistically a few thousand bucks in hospital bills is nothing compared to clearing up an STD; go there now. The longer an STD is untreated it can have long term effects on fertility etc.

You can spend the summer paying it off...lesson learned.

You also really can't afford not to have insurance and if you are young it should be cheap.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:36 AM

467 posts, read 1,891,370 times
"The Chicago Department of Public Health provides free testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) at the Specialty Clinics."

A list of clinics:
City of Chicago :: Free STI/HIV/AIDS Testing and Treatment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: