Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 07:02 AM

199 posts, read 302,726 times

Advertisements

I hear lots of report of the South Side, in Chicago. There was lots of homicide, and shooting there.

Is it really da bad there? Be honest please. Am trying to get some facts here.

And there education is really horrible there, compare to Compton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 07:27 AM

4,619 posts, read 8,168,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGAnderson View Post
I hear lots of report of the South Side, in Chicago. There was lots of homicide, and shooting there.

The "South Side" is huge, several times bigger than all of the city of Cincinnati. Some parts are dangerous, some parts are not. If you want facts, try doing your own research - Chicago and its neighborhoods are all very well documented online.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:08 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,103,782 times
Quote:

Homicides went up double from last year mostly due to renegade gangs (factions that split off to form their own factions and such).

1974 peaked in homicides which was the same year the GDs and BDs split off from each other.

A lot of times when you take the top leaders of the gangs into prison the ones out in the streets lose structure and blah blah blah.

Remember, it's the prisons that run the streets, not the streets than run the prison, and when you ex-communicate the leaders in prison with those on the streets...

Old 02-25-2016, 10:17 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,913,587 times
Quote:

Some areas are really bad, and some areas are not. Completely depends on where you go, but if you count the entire south side (including the SW side) then it's inaccurate to say the entire place is unsafe.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:24 PM

33 posts, read 41,169 times
Hyde Park has a heavy police presence due to University of Chicago funding. They have fewer homicides per year than even some North Side communities. I've heard that Bridgeport and Kenwood aren't bad either.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:30 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,208,754 times
Quote:

For kids yes, although some parts have improved for adults; such being the neighborhood of Oakland, although it is no longer cheap to buy there. I know about this because of past investment opportunities.

I do not know much about Compton, and have not heard much about it since the late 1980s.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:31 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
some parts good, some parts bad.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:00 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,948,017 times
better watch out for Leroy Brown.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:52 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,913,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theuptowner1992 View Post
Hyde Park has a heavy police presence due to University of Chicago funding. They have fewer homicides per year than even some North Side communities. I've heard that Bridgeport and Kenwood aren't bad either.
Mount Greenwood hasn't had a homicide, last I checked, in something like over a decade.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:04 AM

796 posts, read 930,449 times
like all of chicago, it depends on where exactly you are. the south side is kinda like a big bad boogeyman that most people unfamiliar with the area will avoid at all cost, when that's not close to the truth.

and it doesn't help that the medial overly sensationalizes violence in certain parts of the south side as the ENTIRE south side of the city.

there are really nice parts and bad parts. and it's pretty easy to avoid the bad ones IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: