Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:25 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times

Advertisements

Just so you know:

"The first step in the Chicago Police Officer employment process is a written examination. An information sheet and briefing guide about this test will be given to all applicants when they apply. The hiring process begins by passing a written exam. The remaining steps include a physical fitness test, drug screening, psychological test, background investigation and a medical examination. Being on an eligibility list is not an offer or guarantee of employment.

It is recommended that candidates review and prepare for the physical fitness test since this phase of the hiring process comes quickly for those candidates who pass the initial written examination. (To view the physical fitness test requirements, click on the sidebar, "The State of Illinois Police Officer Wellness Report or the POWER Test" within this portion of the website.)

The last exam held was November 5, 2006. Currently, a date has not been scheduled for the next exam so applications are not being accepted yet. If you would like to be notified of the dates for the next exam and application period, or if you have any questions regarding the hiring process, please forward your mailing address to (see bottom of page)"

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/w...inCategoryOID=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM

527 posts, read 1,245,000 times
Default no no

These people I saw were new officers. They even talked about being new. I did not mix it up. The Student intern is the only role open on their site, I was saying maybe he could look at that?

I do know one lawyer also that became and officer after practicing big law downtown, I'd have to check on what the process was though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekamp View Post
They were fresh. <2 weeks in as full officer. One of them said something about it. It was right near the station... Now you know everything I do...

https://chicago.taleo.net/careersect...ch.ftl?lang=en

Maybe a student intern?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekamp View Post
These people I saw were new officers....
Well maybe they were Police Explorers.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:58 PM
L N

8 posts, read 24,704 times
I started with legal agencies because they are the best match with my background. However, as I quickly found out the legal job market in Chicago is very tight right now. So I checked around on Careerbuilder, Yelp, etc. to see who is hiring and what agencies people recommend and applied to many of them. Only the Larko Group, Smart Resources, and Seville Staffing got back to me. They all seem very friendly, and I did well on their testing, but they don't have anything for me. So here I am, stuck at home with nothing to do for now. I also have real estate background, but that industry is in the dumps now. I will be sure to check Craigslist though. Thanks!

Old 02-21-2009, 02:00 PM
L N

Exactly. That's what it seems like. I only had one interview for a secretarial compliance position throught temp agencies, but the company didn't hire me because the manager thought I would be "bored".

Old 02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
L N

That's a great idea. Thanks!

Old 02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
L N

Now that's an interesting idea. I never contemplated being a cop, but I have to say I am a fan of Law and Order. However, this seems to require significant time/effort investment, and I am looking for a temp job because I am in between jobs. Thanks though!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:58 AM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
Default temp agencies in chicago

can someone reccomend some good temp agencies for someone with low work experience here in chicago? I'm 19 years old, I've only had three jobs in the past n I'm just tryin to get regular jobs to build up some experience and a resume, but can't find a job because... I don't have enough work experience! I'm in a catch 22 n this economy ain't helpin much either. I just lost my current job at a wharehouse due to the economy (and I was being paid under the table so I'm not even bein taken care of by the government while I'm searching) n I'm gonna become homeless soon if I can't find some job. I've looked everyhwere n McDonald's is not even callin me back, it's rediculous. I think a felon has a better chance of finding a job than me (my guy who was locked up for a gun charge a year ago even got a job as a security guard at a liquor store, n he just got out on probation). Is there some kinda organization or temp agency to help me find a job (and quickly)? I really don't feel like stooping so low to apply for welfare. As we speak I'm typing this at the Humboldt Park library, I don't even have internet. There's gotta be something out there that doesn't require a doctorate degree and thirty years of experience to type buttons on a cash register and smile at customers. Thanks for the help, anything is appreciated.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:07 PM

36 posts, read 80,341 times
Default Temp agencies in Chicago area?

Hi,

I'm looking for a job in the Chicago area and would like to know if there are any legitimate temp agencies in the area?

Old 09-21-2009, 03:02 PM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...s-chicago.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...es-hiring.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago