Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,392 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am planning to move to Chicago area.I am in a travelling job and I would prefer living in areas close to the airport.I guess areas close to O'Hare will be better since it has lots of flights from it.Also,I wont be having a car for the initial 2-3 months,so areas which have good train service to the airport will be needed.Please can anyone suggest me areas to look for apartment and also if any apartments which might be good.I dont have much time to research presently so if any good apartments near airport will be good.Also I am looking for a apartment in the price range not more than 900$. Studio or 1 bedroom.Also,is it possible to get apartment in downtown at this price.or least at 1000$ .What are the OK apartments in downtown to look for and what is the price range ? Any suggestions highly appreciated.
Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 05:43 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkid View Post
Hi,
I am planning to move to Chicago area.I am in a travelling job and I would prefer living in areas close to the airport.I guess areas close to O'Hare will be better since it has lots of flights from it.Also,I wont be having a car for the initial 2-3 months,so areas which have good train service to the airport will be needed.Please can anyone suggest me areas to look for apartment and also if any apartments which might be good.I dont have much time to research presently so if any good apartments near airport will be good.Also I am looking for a apartment in the price range not more than 900$. Studio or 1 bedroom.Also,is it possible to get apartment in downtown at this price.or least at 1000$ .What are the OK apartments in downtown to look for and what is the price range ? Any suggestions highly appreciated.
Thanks...
There is only one train line that goes to O'Hare, and that's the Blue Line "L" train. If you want to live close to the airport, I would recommend living in the Jefferson Park neighborhood as close to the Jefferson Park L stop as possible. $900/mo is about the starting rate for a 2-bedroom apartment in that area. Another area worth looking at is the Irving Park neighborhood, near the Addison, Irving Park and Montrose L stops. $900/mo will get you a pretty comfy 2-bedroom there.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 8,392 times
Thanks Drover for the info.How are hoffman estates and schaumburg area.Somebody told me they are pretty close to airport too.Are they well connected on the metro line ? How much can be the rent for 1 bedroom apartment in a nice apartment area.Do you know of any apartments in that area.

Can I am also considering the downtown option , havent been able to get much info about it . Can somebody also suggest me apartment/towers to look for in downtown ,any specific apartments , also what would be the best price to look for a 1 bedroom or studio in downtown

Thanks...

Old 01-24-2007, 12:14 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,082,651 times
If you don't have a car or won't be having a car, DO NOT move to hoffman estates or schaumburg. If you do you'll have a difficult time getting anywhere. Not to mention, when you do get a car, the last thing you'll want to do is to drive that thing to O'hare. If you live off the blue line, you won't have to, the train will take you into the airport.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,338 times
Hi im moving to chicago to work at the chicago assembley plant and wanted to find a apartment within 30mins to and 1hour away. The plant is located at 12600 s. torrence ave do you have any sugguestions? Must be a nice neighborhood

Old 09-29-2010, 09:33 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
Default NW Indiana...

Munster and Hammond are closer and better values...

Old 10-01-2010, 10:31 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,994,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeness36 View Post
Hi im moving to chicago to work at the chicago assembley plant and wanted to find a apartment within 30mins to and 1hour away. The plant is located at 12600 s. torrence ave do you have any sugguestions? Must be a nice neighborhood
I would start another thread. There are some recent threads from people working in that plant on here. However that plant is kind of far from Ohare so the advice given to the OP dose not apply to you. The plant is near indiana and some chicago south burbs.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:28 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
I would start another thread. There are some recent threads from people working in that plant on here...
Why should he/she start another thread if there are a couple with the same question from the last few months?

These two should do just fine:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...king-city.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...g-options.html

Old 10-02-2010, 07:45 AM

2,059 posts, read 5,746,678 times
Century Tower is downtown and right outside the Blue Line stop. You can get an apartment there in your price range. There are plenty of airport/airline workers living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago