Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Chicago overrated city, Chicago skyline only redeeming city, built on crime, meat packing, worst of the major cities besides Detroit and Milwaukee

Old 03-10-2007, 12:03 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times

Advertisements

Posted on the general US forum, under the thread titled "best skylines" (or something like that). Thought you might get a kick out of this poster's reply:

"Yeah, and the ONLY nice thing about Chicago is the skyline!! After that, all the other so called "attratctions" that are stated on the Chicago forum, are nothing more than a train wreck. Out of the big 20 cities, Chicago is by far, outside of Milwaukee and Detriot, the trashiest, most uneducated, overated, impoverished, old, horrific crime levels, and overall terrible city. I have never met anyone that has ever had to have anthing good to say about Chicago. Why would they?! It is like that city is trying to live up to the New York standard, but us far from, and will never be more than a city built on the meat packaging industry and crime. I could never go to anything cultural or artisitc in a city, that was built, and literally stands for everything against what our culture should be striving for. If anyone lives in Chicago, they have no room to talk down about anything in any other city. Move to actually pleasent cities that have some class, and then you can complain. But untill then, don't make yourself should foolish.

About Seatlle. You have a beautiful city, and trolls that live in less than ideal cities should keep their comments to themselves."

BWAHAHAHA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,285 times
Wow well I have been to New York and I can say Chicago is much cleaner I don't think I have ever seen a rat strolling down the street in Chicago lol I recently got back from Orlando and everyone I spoke to who has visited Chicago said it was the best trip they ever had alot of people said they wanted to move to Chicago they love the small town feel and friendly people I think Chicago is great all parts of it and I am a Realtor so I have been around the whole city.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:22 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAN62581 View Post
Wow well I have been to New York and I can say Chicago is much cleaner I don't think I have ever seen a rat strolling down the street in Chicago lol I recently got back from Orlando and everyone I spoke to who has visited Chicago said it was the best trip they ever had alot of people said they wanted to move to Chicago they love the small town feel and friendly people I think Chicago is great all parts of it and I am a Realtor so I have been around the whole city.
Thats good to hear!

Old 03-11-2007, 04:42 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,544 times
I saw that, Steve-o and had to bite my ton --er fingers.
Had it not been for the one poster requesting to stay on topic ... just glad I saw that before I typed because it actually looked like just a troll anyway.

Oh almost forgot: Visit any airline forum and check out the one city which aviation professionals from all over the country and world agree and just LOVE -- because of echoing SHAN'S post. NO other city can match this -- not my own, either (not close).
Google and see for yourselves! Wish I could post links.

One pilot started a "Why Chicago's The Greatest City in the World" thread and nobody even got defensive over it. And he wasn't even from Chicago!
Nobody could dispute his observations, so the thread blossomed into nothing more than a Chicago appreciation thread!

Last edited by Travel'r; 03-11-2007 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago