Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 07:46 PM

7 posts, read 25,758 times

Advertisements

Would you say it's up and coming ... ? What are the good parts or bad parts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 08:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
I don't mean to be gruff, but this subject has been covered in countless threads, at least two of which you started and a third that I specifically pointed you toward. It's getting a little tedious to keep answering the same questions. You're likely to find your answer if you use the search function and look for "Rogers Park".

Old 04-24-2007, 09:32 PM

7 posts, read 25,758 times
I guess I just keep asking because I have been getting ALOT of different answers. Don't mean to sound like a pain or anything, I guess I'm just a lil scared/nervous. I'm new to the city and I've heard very good and very bad things. Just wanted to get a lil more input from other people.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
You should probably take the "a lot of different answers" as affirmation of what a lot of folks have already said: Rogers Park is a patchwork/mixed bag. You're getting lots of different answers because it's very difficult to generalize Rogers Park as a whole or say which parts are good vs. bad since the neighborhood changes literally street by street. If you like slummin' it, Rogers Park is a good place to do it, because for all its warts it can still offer a good overall quality of life. I could tolerate living there if I were single; I'm more apprehensive asking my wife to live in a place like Rogers Park.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:20 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
You are getting lots of different answers for just the reason Drover said. I lived in Rogers Park for a year and in Edgwater directly to its south for a year. My experiences in Rogers Park depended on the street I was on. Where I lived was miserable, but this was in 1992 (and as a young single woman, there were times I felt decidedly unsafe), so things may have changed and I will make no attempt to give you a current rundown of the neighborhood. I occasionally visit Rogers Park and it looks like it is still the same, some streets are fine, others are not.

If that notion makes you nervous, perhaps you ought to look for an apartment elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago