Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 03:38 PM

15 posts, read 60,604 times

Advertisements

I have an 8x10 storage in Morton Grove that's not even completely full but I need to find the most economical and reliable way of getting my stuff down to Charlotte, NC in the next few weeks. The primary items I have are dresser (with mirror), 1 nightstand, and a queen size mattress, headboard, and boxspring. In addition I have 2-3 other small boxes, fan and few other small items, which shouldnt take too much space.

Has anyone here had similar situation and found either local companies that are moving other people to the same area and I can pay price to have my stuff along? If I used a company like Atlas or North American, it doesn't make sense for them to just take that small amount for the drive and would cost lot of $$$$$. What other local companies are in the Chicagoland area that could possibly assist me? In worst case scenario, I could just rent a 1-way uhaul and take it down myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:54 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
I would think it would a no-brainer to load up a Uhaul or what have you with a partially full 8x10 storage space. I have seen houses with closets double that size...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago