Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times

Advertisements

Far from being a normal doctrine of the church,dispensationalism has generally been thought of by all except those who believe it to be a heresy at worst,and an aberrant belief at best.

The Heresy Of Dispensationalism « Test All Things

”My brother, I am a constant reader of my Bible, and I soon found that what I was taught to believe (by Darby’s doctrine) did not always agree with what my Bible said. I came to see that I must either part company with John Darby, or my precious Bible, and I chose to cling to my Bible and part from Mr. Darby.”

DISPENSATIONALISM – A HERETICAL TEACHING | PEACEMAKERS

"Again, dispensationalism is a heretical “ism” just as Catholicism and Mormonism.
Although these “isms” all adulterate the pure Gospel with very different teachings, they all do it by twisting Scripture and adding man made teachings to God’s word. These man made teachings distort God’s truth and promote heretical lies to the detriment of souls."

Moses or Christ? Paul's Reply To Dispensational Error (http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/articles/full.asp?id=21|21|440 - broken link)

"Today, we are not permitted that luxury. The theory has become sinister and subversive through its elaboration into a succession of 'ages' to which belong certain well-defined segments of Holy Scripture, all combining to exclude 'the church' from all but a fragment of the Divine Word. The Jewish theory predominates. A variety of second comings and last judgments has been invented. The abolition of the gospel has been proclaimed with great enthusiasm for it is fundamental to pre-millennialism that another gospel known as 'the gospel of the kingdom' will take the place of the gospel of grace when 'the church' is safety removed out of the way.

Paul has a word for those who proclaim 'another gospel,' or who even proclaim there will ever be another-'Let him be accursed ... though he be an angel from Heaven' (Gal. 1:8). "

http://www.biblicalscholarship.net/israelvs.htm

"This false dichotomy of Israel versus the church gives rise to all kinds of strange and divers end-times schemes.
These people (dispensationalists) say that the church will live in heaven with Christ and that Israel will rule on the earth in fulfillment of the promises made to Abraham. Notice here that they even keep Israel and the church separate in the world to come. But do the scriptures keep Israel and the church separate? No. A thousand times, no. The scriptures say that Christ came to make Jew and Gentile ONE body. Let us go to the witness stand..."

I could go on,but you get the picture.Dispensationalism is not a part of normal church teachings,and has never been accepted except by the few that adhere to it.Much the same as most cult teachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Many people who buy into this garbage are not even aware of who made it popular just a mere century and a half ago. Mr. Darby from England influenced men like Scoffield and Moody who spread it across the U.S on the heels of the rise of fundamentalism which dove deep into the fabric of American Christianity.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Many people who buy into this garbage are not even aware of who made it popular just a mere century and a half ago. Mr. Darby from England influenced men like Scoffield and Moody who spread it across the U.S on the heels of the rise of fundamentalism which dove deep into the fabric of American Christianity.
Politics.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Far from being a normal doctrine of the church,dispensationalism has generally been thought of by all except those who believe it to be a heresy at worst,and an aberrant belief at best.

The Heresy Of Dispensationalism « Test All Things

”My brother, I am a constant reader of my Bible, and I soon found that what I was taught to believe (by Darby’s doctrine) did not always agree with what my Bible said. I came to see that I must either part company with John Darby, or my precious Bible, and I chose to cling to my Bible and part from Mr. Darby.”

DISPENSATIONALISM – A HERETICAL TEACHING | PEACEMAKERS

"Again, dispensationalism is a heretical “ism” just as Catholicism and Mormonism.
Although these “isms” all adulterate the pure Gospel with very different teachings, they all do it by twisting Scripture and adding man made teachings to God’s word. These man made teachings distort God’s truth and promote heretical lies to the detriment of souls."

Moses or Christ? Paul's Reply To Dispensational Error (http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/articles/full.asp?id=21|21|440 - broken link)

"Today, we are not permitted that luxury. The theory has become sinister and subversive through its elaboration into a succession of 'ages' to which belong certain well-defined segments of Holy Scripture, all combining to exclude 'the church' from all but a fragment of the Divine Word. The Jewish theory predominates. A variety of second comings and last judgments has been invented. The abolition of the gospel has been proclaimed with great enthusiasm for it is fundamental to pre-millennialism that another gospel known as 'the gospel of the kingdom' will take the place of the gospel of grace when 'the church' is safety removed out of the way.

Paul has a word for those who proclaim 'another gospel,' or who even proclaim there will ever be another-'Let him be accursed ... though he be an angel from Heaven' (Gal. 1:8). "

Israel vs. the Church: A False Dichotomy Created by Dispensationalists. Israel and the Church are Not Separate.

"This false dichotomy of Israel versus the church gives rise to all kinds of strange and divers end-times schemes.
These people (dispensationalists) say that the church will live in heaven with Christ and that Israel will rule on the earth in fulfillment of the promises made to Abraham. Notice here that they even keep Israel and the church separate in the world to come. But do the scriptures keep Israel and the church separate? No. A thousand times, no. The scriptures say that Christ came to make Jew and Gentile ONE body. Let us go to the witness stand..."

I could go on,but you get the picture.Dispensationalism is not a part of normal church teachings,and has never been accepted except by the few that adhere to it.Much the same as most cult teachings.
God's plan for man is dispensational in nature. That means that at various times in human history God introduces changes in the way in which His plan is administered. First came the age of the Gentiles, then the age of Israel. And currently we are living in the Church-age. The dispensation of the church. The Greek word OIKINOMIA is translated as 'stewardship' (1 Cor.9:17; Luke 16:2-4) and as 'administration' or in the KJV as 'dispensation' (Eph 1:10).

The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 1:10 concerning the dispensation of the chruch, 'That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth, even in him;

Those reading this can either believe the Bible, or they can believe those who attempt to refute dispensational theology.

Here is an old thread of mine in which I explain in post #1 what dispensations are.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ons-bible.html

And this is all I am going to say on this thread about it. If those reading this won't believe with their own eyes what Ephesians 1:10 says, then there's no point saying anything further.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:05 AM

Didn't want to call any names, but I figured this stuff would be right up Mike's alley.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:32 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God's plan for man is dispensational in nature. That means that at various times in human history God introduces changes in the way in which His plan is administered. First came the age of the Gentiles, then the age of Israel. And currently we are living in the Church-age. The dispensation of the church. The Greek word OIKINOMIA is translated as 'stewardship' (1 Cor.9:17; Luke 16:2-4) and as 'administration' or in the KJV as 'dispensation' (Eph 1:10).

The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 1:10 concerning the dispensation of the chruch, 'That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth, even in him;

Those reading this can either believe the Bible, or they can believe those who attempt to refute dispensational theology.

Here is an old thread of mine in which I explain in post #1 what dispensations are.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...ons-bible.html

And this is all I am going to say on this thread about it. If those reading this won't believe with their own eyes what Ephesians 1:10 says, then there's no point saying anything further.
Using Eph 1:10 to try and support the silly idea of dispensationalism is about the weakest use of scripture that I have ever seen.It is also a case of cherry picking which version of the Bible to use.Here is how the NIV words it.

Eph 1:10 to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment-to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

In addition,the word the KJV defines as dispensations does not mean separate ages,as is pretended by some.It simply means administration.From Strong's

the management of a household or of household affairs

a) specifically, the management, oversight, administration, of other's property

b) the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship

c) administration, dispensation

Here is how the KJV uses it it elsewhere in the Bible,and how it is translated in the NIV.

KJV Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward

NIV Eph 3:2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you,

KJV Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

NIV Col 1:25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness-

Nothing about different ages there.In fact,it becomes evident that the use of dispensation to mean different ages of the earth is simply a classic misinterpretation of King James English.The word simply means administration,but gets worked up into this meaning of some kind of different ages on earth because the people do not have the skill to understand what the word means in King James English.

As these verses and all the above links show,dispensationalism has never been regarded as anything but a heresy by the church.The reason is very simple.Although adherents of dispensationalism that do not properly understand the full import of it will deny this in their lack of knowledge,dispensationalism makes the church God's Plan B.Under it,the church was never really supposed to exist.The Jews were supposed to accept Christ and then take Christ on to the rest of the world.But they rejected Christ,and so God had to wing it from there.All the apostles,all of church history,all of it is simply an afterthought of God once the Jews rejected Christ.And in the end times God will go back and reestablish His special relationship with the Jews and make them the mainstay of eternity,because they are His special people from the beginning and the church was just an accidental happening along the way.

No wonder the normal Christian church rejects it.

Last edited by lifertexan; 08-09-2010 at 06:12 AM..

Old 08-09-2010, 05:34 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
This argument can only lead to a big headache! Why must Christians fight over these points of disagreement? It's unfruitful.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:51 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This argument can only lead to a big headache! Why must Christians fight over these points of disagreement? It's unfruitful.
Because in order for the Truth to come out,,,the lie must be exposed. Otherwise, everyone falls into the ditch.

YouTube - ‪4409 -- How Christians were Hoodwinked by the Scofield Bible.‬‎

Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
So Hot you don't believe in dispensationalism either? A sincere question.....what do you believe? I'm questioning dispensationalism also so that's why I ask.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 AM

May I suggest a quick peep here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...work-mans.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity