Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
It seems plain to me now, that God is the only One who can set man free from deception. The devil devours whom he will, but God is always above him.
Like a dog on a leash, who is allowed freedom as much as its master allows, so God allows flesh to have its way, until the time that He says, "enough!"
At that point, God will cast out the deception from the man He created, and reveal to him his need for the Love of God. Man then understands that God is a God of Love, not a mean Entity with a baseball bat.
And God reveals His Son within the heart of the man, and heaven within him.
This is the Kingdom of God, ime.

Blessings!
brian
Much top the contrary of what the traditional orthodox and fundamentalist churches believe and teach, the scriptures are clear that one must be born again in order to even perceive the kingdom ...

Jhn 3:3
Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God.

and again ...

Jhn 3:6
What is born of [from] the flesh is flesh [of the physical is physical]; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jesus' own words ... And Paul reiterates the fact and is more specific ...

1Cr 2:14
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Plain and simple ... One must first be born again of the spirit before one can even experience or know spiritual things, or know the kingdom of God.

One must first be born again before one can confess and believe that Christ is lord, because the understanding that Christ is lord and the of the understanding of the true gospel of Christ is a spiritual matter, and all people who do not have the spirit of God in them, and who are not born again of the spirit, cannot comprehend or accept of acknowledge or confess the things of the spirit, because they are foolishness or meaningless to them.

Peace ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 04:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Please quote a scripture that says God blames humanity for being born into sin? the verses above do not say anything like that. According to traditional fundamentalist Christianity, we are born under condemnation, and the wrath of god is on us from birth.

Peace ...
Romans 6:23
Wages of sin is death

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—

Psalm 51:5
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me

Old 09-20-2010, 04:13 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Romans 6:23
Wages of sin is death

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned

Psalm 51:5
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me
Twin.Spin ...

You are the king of replying to other peoples questions whithout answering them in the slightest. None of the scriptures you posted above says that God blames man for being sinners. Yes, he recognizes that we are guilty of being sinners, but no where in the scriptures is it written that God blames us for being sinners to begin with ... that is to say, the scriptures do not proclaim that god blames us for being born sinners. If anything the scriptures you posted above teach that God blames Adam for the fact that all people are born sinners, and not us. It is because of Adams sin that we are all born as sinners, and not because of our own choice.

Yet the scriptures go further and say that it is God who subjected the whole creation to the futility of sin and death, and that it was not our own choice. You simply will not accept what the scriptures say about these things.

For once i would like to see you provide an answer that actually addresses the proposed question or at least is pertinent to the OP.

Do you blame mentally retarded people for the fact that they were born mentally retarded? Simply question ... Please give me a simple answer ... Yes, or no?

God bless ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-20-2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old 09-21-2010, 02:45 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
Indeed. A lost sheep must be carried back to the flock, it does not know how to return, although it may stray very, very far..

Blessings!
Brian

Old 09-21-2010, 02:47 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,370,905 times
I fear that modern Christianity teaches men that they can find their way back to the fold!...

Blessings,
brian

Old 09-21-2010, 03:45 AM

229 posts, read 332,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

For once i would like to see you provide an answer that actually addresses the proposed question or at least is pertinent to the OP.

Do you blame mentally retarded people for the fact that they were born mentally retarded? Simply question ... Please give me a simple answer ... Yes, or no?

God bless ...
I'm guessing one of 3 things will happen

1) They will squirm and try to skirt around the issue by deflecting the topic elsewhere eg by posting numerous scriptures

2) They will remain silent (as they have been for the last 12 hours)

3) They will blame the mentally retarded person for being born mentally retarded, after all I've seen babies/children being blamed that die in infanthood/childhood if they end up in hell, just for having the misfortune of being born with original sin

I guess the truly honest if pushed to the wire, will choose option 3, eg... Pat Robertson about the Haiti earthquake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity