Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:36 PM

204 posts, read 201,677 times

Advertisements

We seem to be getting into a religious discussion. What happened to the champions of the gay agenda? Have they given up so quickly?? Surely there's a single champion among you who has sharpened his wit and stands head and shoulders above all of us weak minded Christians. I've got the stones to continue.

What, no studies?? How about Hamer, Kinsey, Levay? No?? Wow, I guess Obama requires a little less convincing than I do.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 05-22-2011 at 08:26 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 09:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,445,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsylvanian1 View Post
We seem to be getting into a religious discussion. What happened to the champions of the gay agenda? Have they given up so quickly?? Surely there's a single champion among you who has sharpened his wit and stands head and shoulders above all of us weak minded Christians. I've got the stones to continue.
Jesus was mute when he was arraigned, although he had the faculty of speech beyond your comprehension.
He too, was under condemnation; believing they had washed their hands with a general announcement to the public.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,806,398 times
Quote:

What, no studies?? How about Hamer, Kinsey, Levay? No?? Wow, I guess Obama requires a little less convincing than I do.
What's the point? You all are so closed-minded, it's like talking to a wall. Maybe we just get tired of trying to defend ourselves against conservatives every day. Believe whatever lies you want to believe.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,961,858 times
Quote:
I sincerely don't believe that the ability to express love has ever been an issue. The love that a pedophile has for a child, the love that a stalker has for a victim, and the love that incestuous couples have for each other are all types of love.

Pardon..?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,445,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Pardon..?
Evidently, that is considered love?
But given that 30-35% (plus) of the posts have been about sexuality, there may be other issues?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,036,032 times
[quote=Pennsylvanian1;19266322]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

Thanks for the response. We're going a little off topic, but I don't mind making a short comment on the reference you've provided. Your religion, if you even call it that, is a combination of religious pluralism and divination. The following is a direct quote and one of the primary reasons a Christian, familiar with scripture, would reject this manner of worship.

Quote from your website

Views on mediumship vary from those who will not accept that any communication with departed mortals is possible, to those who believe all they read. It is as well to understand the mechanism, the sources of potential error, and the right way to discern Truth - which applies to any truth, not just channeled messages

King Saul, the man who preceded King David in the book of I Samuel, was slowly losing his reign. He was about to go into battle against the Philistines and consulted a witch to summon the spirit of the dead prophet Samuel, an act that was strictly forbidden. Eventually Saul committed suicide by falling intentionally onto a sword. David his successor was a man after God's own heart and ruled until giving the kingdom over to his son.As I've made clear, I'm a Christian. These acts, even by misguided homosexuals, are dangerous, and are not without consequences in this life or the next. As I'd said in a previous post, anyone who extracts portions of the bible selectively, and combines it with personal philosophies are creating a new religion.

Contacting the dead, for any reason, has the potential to open your life to more than you may have bargained for. Demons, operate by spiritual laws, and will most certainly take advantage of the opportunities you and your body of worshippers are providing. I can only caution you.But getting back on topic, I believe it's safe to assume that, beyond your 'divine love' philosophy, which conveniently excuses the sexually deviant behavior of homosexuality as being part of this material world, you have nothing evidentiary to contribute explaining homosexuality. Nice sales pitch though, and as with the homosexual deception, which has overtaken our nation,(thanks to the serious lack of courage within the American Psychiatric Assoc.), I am thankful for the opportunity to expose your belief system for what it really is.

No worries. However, I've never hidden anything about where my beliefs come from. I've been open and honest since I joined this forum. There will come a day when spirit communication will be the norm.

My beliefs are simple. I believe in God and I believe in Love. Everything else is extra. I don't need any more garbage than what everyday life already gives us.

Thanks for taking the time to berate and condemn yet another view of beliefs as so many of you fundies like to do because they aren't from the bible. Have a great day!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus was mute when he was arraigned, although he had the faculty of speech beyond your comprehension.
He too, was under condemnation; believing they had washed their hands with a general announcement to the public.
I'm trying to figure out if your manner of speech is somehow intentionally religious, if you are from outside of the U.S., or if you're simply attempting to appear very wise by using cryptic religious explanations such as 'they had washed their hands with a general announcement to the public". I would ask you what that means, but I'm realatively certain it would have no bearing on the topic at hand, but if you are one of the champions of the gay deception, I can understand your unwillingness to speak plainly.

On further examination, I suppose you may be making some kind of reference to Jesus' silence, before being condemned and led to the cross.

These individuals, (homosexuals), are not silent, I'd gladly show you anti-semetic actions on the part of gays, shamelessly slandering the very people from which Jesus came, as well as the unprovoked slandering of present day believers. Silence is what the American Psychiatric Assoc. chose, as they practically held the door open for gay activists, beginning the gay deception which has swept through our nation.

If by your comments you are trying to equate the persecution of Christ to the so-called persecution of homosexuals, I'll chock this up to just another solicitation for sympathy. Homosexuals are not in need of sympathy, or any further justification, they are in need of the truth. When confronted on the issue of the origins of homosexuality their argument crumbles, or is reduced to self intospective drivel, as this thread has shown, proving that the efforts of politicians, lawmakers, and educators, who support this deception, are self serving, having no real basis for their actions.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 05-23-2011 at 07:40 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What's the point? You all are so closed-minded, it's like talking to a wall. Maybe we just get tired of trying to defend ourselves against conservatives every day. Believe whatever lies you want to believe.
Sir,

I'll have to take your word for it, that homosexuals must defend themselves against conservatives everyday. Actually you would think, with all of that debate experience, they'd become better at it, at some point.

I have opened my mind to any truth which proves that the origin of homosexuality relates to something other than just another psycho-sexual disorder. You undoubtedly believe that simply because the object of affection in the case of the homosexual happens to be human, that it somehow automatically adds a sense of normalcy, rivaling heterosexuality, but children are human as well, and I am confident that when carefully analyzing the components of sexual orientation, you will find that those suffering from conditions such as Pedophila, Zoophilia, Bestiality, and Incestuous attractions, present significant similiarities.

That is, if you can get past the urge to simply label anyone who disagrees with the gay deception, homophobic, or as somehow robbing the homosexual of his/her right to love.

Last edited by Pennsylvanian1; 05-23-2011 at 07:43 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 10:05 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,292,113 times
Quote:
Sir,

I'll have to take your word for it, that homosexuals must defend themselves against conservatives everyday. Actually you would think, with all of that debate experience, they'd become better at it, at some point.

I have opened my mind to any truth which proves that the origin of homosexuality relates to something other than just another psycho-sexual disorder. You undoubtedly believe that simply because the object of affection in the case of the homosexual happens to be human, that it somehow automatically adds a sense of normalcy, rivaling heterosexuality, but children are human as well, and I am confident that when carefully analyzing the components of sexual orientation, you will find that those suffering from conditions such as Pedophila, Zoophilia, Bestiality, and Incestuous attractions, present significant similiarities.

That is, if you can get past the urge to simply label anyone who disagrees with the gay deception, homophobic, or as somehow robbing the homosexual of his/her right to love.
Fred? Fred Phelps? Is that you? lol!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,959,489 times
Quote:
Sir,

Wow. Thankfully this type of archaic thinking is dying. And it cannot happen soon enough for the world will be a better place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity