Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times

Advertisements

Ans, I didn't realize your son had passed away. I'm so sorry for your grief, and I thank you for sharing this powerful story of how joy came through that whisper announcing your granddaughter's arrival into your life. Something so full of love and hope in such an unusual way just doesn't happen to everyone and I'm so grateful to you for sharing.

I'm curious ... you mentioned in the other thread that she was going into the armed forces ... will she still be pursuing her pediactric goals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Ans, I didn't realize your son had passed away. I'm so sorry for your grief, and I thank you for sharing this powerful story of how joy came through that whisper announcing your granddaughter's arrival into your life. Something so full of love and hope in such an unusual way just doesn't happen to everyone and I'm so grateful to you for sharing.
While I may not fully understand why things happen they way they do, I believe they happen for a reason and I find comfort in that.

Quote:
I'm curious ... you mentioned in the other thread that she was going into the armed forces ... will she still be pursuing her pediactric goals?
My grand-daughter has chosen the most difficult branch of the armed forces to enlist in...the US Coast Guard, and proud that she's ready to face up to the challenge. She managed to get a good score on the exams that enables her to go straight for HS school right after boot camp graduation. If she stays focused and works hard, this move will eventually land her the most coveted medical program. I was so moved by her reasoning that I got teary eyed: to reach her ultimate goal without the financial burden being placed on us. We will see what tomorrow brings...perhaps this is where she is meant to be.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
I don't believe that a lot of folks that are parents, or authority figures over kids stop to think/ponder and let the truth dawn on them, of what their IMPATIENCE does to young souls! I am not judging them, but am willing to speak bluntly about this.

I don't believe they have perfect self-control and that they are, in fact on "auto-pilot." (I sure know that I've been on it for portions of my own, faulty life in the past.)

I don't believe that they would be able to continue blowing-up, very angrily and impatiently, nor would they even, though not too loud talk so very grouchily in their impatience if just ONE time, they could feel exactly what their young ones were feeling, in that moment.

No wonder we are told that "in patience, possess ye your soul."

This is absolutely true, and guess what? I do believe that it is truly said that, "in patience, we help others to possess their own souls, also."

Love, Sunny~

Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 PM

461 posts, read 480,927 times
What God thinks is love is not the same as man.

"Love is what I want not sacrifice,knowledge of God not holocaust."

Psalm 85:10
Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet; righteousness and peace will kiss each other.

Psalm 89:1
I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 103:17
But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children,

Book of JN "The man who loves me will keep my words".

Old 11-17-2011, 10:28 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
One morning as I was waking up to get ready for work...I heard this still, small voice in my head who announced the birth of my first grandchild. This voice specifically said that my first grandchild "IS" a girl. Full of wonder...I then woke my daughter-in-law up in the next room to declare that the child in her womb is female...she was 7 months pregnant at that time and didn't know the sex of the baby...they wanted to be surprised.
So you knew they wanted to be surprised ....but you went and blew it for them by telling them what it was???? Bravo!!

Last edited by Rafius; 11-17-2011 at 10:37 PM..

Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So you knew they wanted to be surprised ....but you went and blew it for them by telling them what it was???? Bravo!!
You couldn't help but take a jab at me post, could you Raffy?

Old 11-18-2011, 07:00 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Well you did leave yourself rather exposed mate!!

Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
While I may not fully understand why things happen they way they do, I believe they happen for a reason and I find comfort in that.
You could very well be right.

Quote:
My grand-daughter has chosen the most difficult branch of the armed forces to enlist in...the US Coast Guard, and proud that she's ready to face up to the challenge. She managed to get a good score on the exams that enables her to go straight for HS school right after boot camp graduation. If she stays focused and works hard, this move will eventually land her the most coveted medical program. I was so moved by her reasoning that I got teary eyed: to reach her ultimate goal without the financial burden being placed on us. We will see what tomorrow brings...perhaps this is where she is meant to be.
She sounds like an incredibly thoughtful and motivated young woman. I'm happy for you, ans.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You could very well be right.

She sounds like an incredibly thoughtful and motivated young woman. I'm happy for you, ans.
Thank you for the kind and compassionate words my friend.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:18 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
I don`t believe the words of the false prophet and the spirit of the same kind as the world is manipulated by these spirit who do have No interest in the Living God Jesus ..... In reading this OP Jesus spirit said to Me as a witness that You are talking about this false prophet of the world.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity