Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 05:16 PM

910 posts, read 1,337,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I don't believe God has turned His back on the Jews,even thought they have not accepted Jesus as the Messiah (yet).He knows they will,in time.God did make a pact with Abraham long ago,to bless all who bless Israel,and curse all who curse it.So God has not forgotten abot the Jews at all.They are His chosen ppl.I think He still hears their prayers,and answers according to His will.
As far as Allah being one in the same with God..well...NO,not so at all.
I don't know what to tell you about their prayers...I think God hears the needs for the innocent though,esp. if it's a child.And in context,if one is born into that faith,and has never known any other,I think God is fair in answering their needs.IE-they have not intentionally done wrong,or turned against God in any overt way.
Hope that helps.
Can any Dad turn his back on a child? no matter who you are, you are a child of God, if we believe him as the creator. He hears all prayers - buddist, christian,moslem etc. He caused them all to be.

Because of his righteousness, he balances the scales. If he interacted with Isreal before , surely he will now look the way of the Gentiles or no? I guess that was why Paul was recruited. He promised to make Abraham a father of many nations ad today tht promise has been fulfilled. All the Faiths trace their roots to Abraham. There is now an Isreal of God, those who are washed by the blood of the lamb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 06:50 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Can any Dad turn his back on a child?

Yes, we call them deadbeat dads.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Can any Dad turn his back on a child? no matter who you are, you are a child of God, if we believe him as the creator. He hears all prayers - buddist, christian,moslem etc. He caused them all to be.
of course,I just don't think He answers prayers that call for evil,no matter whom they are from.

Quote:
Because of his righteousness, he balances the scales.
right,that's just what I'm saying.

Quote:
If he interacted with Isreal before , surely he will now look the way of the Gentiles or no?
well according to the bible,He will deal with Israel alone at some point..all His focus will be on it,and those who turn against it.So by proxy,it seems so,imo.

Quote:
I guess that was why Paul was recruited. He promised to make Abraham a father of many nations ad today tht promise has been fulfilled. All the Faiths trace their roots to Abraham. There is now an Isreal of God, those who are washed by the blood of the lamb.
for sure,that's been one heck of a prophecy fulfilled,no? I don't think Abraham could have ever imagined it,much less with all the bells and whistles (technology) we have to go with it today. awesome...applauding God!

Old 10-15-2010, 08:32 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
I believe that god answers prayers of those who truely need help and truely believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity