Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:29 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Who answers my prayers, since I apparently don't believe in the right God? I know somebody does, since so many of them have been answered. When a Jewish mother or a Muslim mother pray for the recovery of a sick child, and the sick child gets well, who answered her prayers?

My God is apparently not real, since He isn't part of a single substance that also contains His Son and the Holy Ghost. Other Christians on this forum also worship what some would describe as a false God, since they understand Him in various ways. Jews and Muslims both worship the Abrahamic God, but they definitely don't believe in the Trinity. Muslims would insist that even trinitarian Christians are, in fact, polythestic?

So who answers the prayers of all the people who don't see God in the same way as you do? Or are your prayers really answered at all? Maybe it's just a coincidence that those of us who pray to "the wrong God," "a false God," or "a non-existant God" see results. Are we praying to one being and another being is responding? Or do wrong, false, and non-existant Gods answer prayers after all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 06:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I don't believe in the power of prayer, myself. I do believe in God, but I don't believe God is much interested in our daily lives.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't believe in the power of prayer, myself. I do believe in God, but I don't believe God is much interested in our daily lives.
Would you describe yourself as a Deist then? Do you believe that God created us and then simply stopped caring, or what?

Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
I don't believe God has turned His back on the Jews,even thought they have not accepted Jesus as the Messiah (yet).He knows they will,in time.God did make a pact with Abraham long ago,to bless all who bless Israel,and curse all who curse it.So God has not forgotten abot the Jews at all.They are His chosen ppl.I think He still hears their prayers,and answers according to His will.
As far as Allah being one in the same with God..well...NO,not so at all.
I don't know what to tell you about their prayers...I think God hears the needs for the innocent though,esp. if it's a child.And in context,if one is born into that faith,and has never known any other,I think God is fair in answering their needs.IE-they have not intentionally done wrong,or turned against God in any overt way.
Hope that helps.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
There is no right, wrong, first second god..There is one God..People are misled by the doctrines and traditions of man..There is one God and he hears the prayers of Muslims, Buddhists, Mormons and anyone in between..
God doesn't seperate us by labels..That was man's doings

Old 10-10-2010, 07:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Would you describe yourself as a Deist then? Do you believe that God created us and then simply stopped caring, or what?
I have opted to believe in Jesus Christ, on an intellectual level. I have heard some describe it as Pascal's Wager. I don't believe that these deities care much about us on a personal level, much like the CEO of the company you work for could not care any less about you. They're more into "the big picture", and individuals are immaterial.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
As far as Allah being one in the same with God..well...NO,not so at all.
I'm curious as to why you don't see Allah as being the same as the God the Jews and the Christians worship.

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you about their prayers...I think God hears the needs for the innocent though,esp. if it's a child.And in context,if one is born into that faith,and has never known any other,I think God is fair in answering their needs.IE-they have not intentionally done wrong,or turned against God in any overt way. Hope that helps.
I agree. I mean, who would intentionally worship a false God? The one true God knows the heart of every one of us, regardless of how we may conceptualize Him. I know an awful lot of people don't see it that way, though. I'm hoping some of them will respond. It would be interesting to hear their answers.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have opted to believe in Jesus Christ, on an intellectual level. I have heard some describe it as Pascal's Wager. I don't believe that these deities care much about us on a personal level, much like the CEO of the company you work for could not care any less about you. They're more into "the big picture", and individuals are immaterial.
Boy, this is going in an entirely different direction than I'd anticipated, but your post raises so many questions in my mind that I just have to ask some of them. Could you explain what it means to believe in Jesus Christ, "on an intellectual level." Do you mean that you believe a man named Jesus existed and was a great moral teacher or do you mean that He atoned for the sins of mankind?

Old 10-10-2010, 07:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
There is no right, wrong, first second god..There is one God..People are misled by the doctrines and traditions of man..There is one God and he hears the prayers of Muslims, Buddhists, Mormons and anyone in between..
God doesn't seperate us by labels..That was man's doings
In utmost agreement!
The Almighty who "created life" out of his unconditional love...

Blessings...

Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Who answers the prayers of those who believe in the "wrong God"?

There is only ONE SPIRIT AND FATHER OF ALL.
And considering that the SPIRIT is not influenced by the social standings, importance,
power, or any deterrent put forth by the thoughts of men who have a finite understanding:

WHOMEVER; IS ANYONE, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity