Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:42 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I never saw this thread when posted as I was away on business and so sorry for the loss of your pet. I always find saying good-bye so very hard. I have heard mixed stories and beliefs about pets and the afterlife.

What I do know is the love that animals provide to humans is so very real. God gave them to us for a special reason. They have enriched my life here on Earth and I pray that I will see them again.
Where love is . . . God is . . . and that makes it permanent. We will see all that we have held in love in our consciousness, SisterKat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 10:06 PM

339 posts, read 1,287,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
im glad nobody has pulled the 'animals have no feelings, they're here for us to eat' crap. ive really noticed people care more about animals today than 10 years ago
Thats people who grew up on farms or lived in the backwoods!

But since you said it, that makes me curious...if dogs have souls, what are we to make of cattle, chickens and other animals that get slaughtered by the thousands? Is there a negative energy pool filled with lost souls near slaughterhouses?

Like someone said, we can't quite say whether they have souls or not. I do believe they are gifts, and I KNOW for a fact that they can carry spiritual energy.

When a dog brings joy to your life, or a dog attacks or kills someone...thats called energy. Some good, some bad.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
When you die, Annie and all the other animals you've known and loved will be there to greet you. When we love the innocent (and who are more innocent than animals) we can go to a wonderful place, a place without fear where' we'll be together with them forever.

It's hard now. But try to think of that wonderful day when you'll meet again.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 PM

9 posts, read 37,454 times
We brought this up in Bible Study. I think God can do whatever He wants. He can make things all anew. Why not have animals in heaven. I know they don't have a soul (spirit) like man does, but does that mean that God can't take the cells, or mitochondria, or whatever your sweet, cutie-pie little Annie was made up of? GOD MADE ANNIE. Why can't he RE-make her? We are going to be with the Lord forever when we die this earthly death. Who is to say, that we can't ask God to give us our pets back? God is God. He can do anything! Hope this gives you HOPE!

Old 12-21-2010, 10:54 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
All of you animal lovers may enjoy this story. I thought it was great!

Snippet:
[color=black]A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while they came to a high, white, stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

Link:

http://www.jr.co.il/articles/why-we-forward-jokes.txt
This story is not only a "joke".........I am almost possitive it was an episode of "The Twilight Zone". I KNOW I saw this story on TV, in black and white, I can still picture the man, the dog......everything...........it certainly made an impression on me......I love this story.

Bud, I am so very sorry for your loss of Annie, and only 4 years old, just not fair. I am not religious, but I hope against hope that I will be reunited with all of the pets I have lost some day. If my babies amble up to greet me when I die............I will die with a smile on my face.

BTW.........my screen name.......Annie.........she is my oldest cat. A muted calico stray my neice found. She is a sweetie too, just like your Annie.

Bud......you gave Annie all your love and care while she was with you, even though her life was too short, YOU made her happy.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Here it is:

http://www.tv.com/the-twilight-zone/the-hunt/episode/12669/recap.html?tag=episode_recap;recap (broken link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ro9SfjU1EE

Last edited by Annie53; 12-21-2010 at 11:26 PM..

Old 12-21-2010, 11:11 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,373,074 times
Bud I just came across your post and found out about Annie. I'm so sorry for you loss. She was adorable and looked full of fun.
My take on this which I just mentioned on another thread is that our animal companions are small pieces of heaven that God lets us share with him. They teach us so many things, but especially about unconditional love.
When their time to move on comes they return back to heaven and await our arrival eventually.
I know it's corny but I like to think this. I can't believe that God wouldn't have animals in heaven as they are his creations.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:14 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
Bud I just came across your post and found out about Annie. I'm so sorry for you loss. She was adorable and looked full of fun.
My take on this which I just mentioned on another thread is that our animal companions are small pieces of heaven that God lets us share with him. They teach us so many things, but especially about unconditional love.
When their time to move on comes they return back to heaven and await our arrival eventually.
I know it's corny but I like to think this. I can't believe that God wouldn't have animals in heaven as they are his creations.
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm so sorry for your loss Bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity