Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:33 AM

175 posts, read 174,782 times

Advertisements

there is no need for specualtion, we just have to believe:

Ecclesiastes 3: 17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God F11 might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

i think that should answer the question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 AM

138 posts, read 181,669 times
I believe all living beings have a soul. My childhood dog died several years back. She was a German Shepherd. For anyone who knows German Shepherds : They aren't the friendliest dogs on the planet when it comes to strangers. Our dog in particular didn't like any people except for those in our own family. She regarded all others with hostile suspicion (definitely a part of her breeding/Nazi influence).

Every since her death, if I'm out walking and I see a German Shepherd -- they stare at me quite intently until I'm long past them. They'll even turn their head all the way around and stare backwards at me, as they walk forward with their owners.

To me, it's C.C. saying hello -- Call me crazy, but that's what I feel. I know she lives on. Whenever this occurs, I see "6:25" on the clock at some point during that day -- which was her birthday. Another "hello" from the great beyond.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:38 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,434 times
If there is a heaven, I'd say that only dogs (and cats) are there. They are truly innocent and full of unconditional love, more than you could ever say of humans. They deserve a special place.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:59 PM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Default June is so sorry for your loss...

If there is a God, and if there is a heaven, then it would seem to June that all that is in one's heart reflecting that love of God (including one's love for their beloved dog) will be in heaven. Why would they not be?

They loved, and were loved. Where else would they be?

So yes, even the 'atheist' says that your little dog is in heaven.

Take gentle care.

Old 11-06-2010, 03:20 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
I believe that pets do go to Heaven. If they don't and aren't there to greet me when I go, then it really isn't heaven after all.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:51 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times
When they die, they die. Nothing more to follow. I can sympathize with you on the loss of your pet. I thought I was taking my 16 year old cat to the vet for the last time today. Her red blood cells are dropping and I don't know if she will make it. All her vitals were good so the vet is going to do some blood work to see how her treatment is progressing. She had a transfusion last year and that saved her life. Time will tell. This has not been a good year for my cats. This ones mother had kidney failure in March. My 17 year old boy has been having UTI's. Life goes on.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:01 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Do they just "cease to be", with no afterlife? Or does God reserve some special place for them? Do pets have a soul or spirit? Does the Bible say anything about this?

I was wondering these things, because today has been a very sad day for us. Our little dog "Annie" had to be put down, because of canine diabetes....her condition became worse and worse, until finally the last 6 days she ate nothing at all, with continual vomiting day and night. She drank water incessantly, often standing over her water bowl for hours. It was so heart-breaking. There is no cure for canine diabetes. (yes, we prayed for her...but that didn't work) Yes, I know: you CAN "treat" this condition, but it is not a cure, it is expensive, and you must continually monitor your pet several times a day, every day...just like a human who has diabetes. And....the pet may lose their appetite entirely...you can't force them to eat...it is very easy to upset the balance of insulin in their system. It was a very hard decision to let her go. My wife and I hope to see "little Annie" again...some day. Annie was such a sweet, loving dog...we miss her already...

Bud

"Annie" 2006-2010
every living entity is a soul-that soul,although trapped in a temporary material body,is eternal.

souls, which are not made from matter but spirit originate from the spiritual universe,somehow bye missusing our free-will,we have fallen down to the temporary platform of existence,in which there are innumerable universes.

when we first enter the material cosmos we do not have gross material body's but rather bodys made from subtle energy,but in time due to our desires we gradually fall down,from a being made of pure intelligence living on the highest planet to a singled cell organism,then gradually we work our way back up,it is the evolution of consioussness,then when we get our human forms we can inquire about God and our purpose.

your little puppy is not gone forever but rather, just like every soul in the temporary universe's,is going through its own spiritual process,someday it will have the privilage of human life and in the end get back home to Godhead!!!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:04 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
i wonder how many people think humans go to hell,but animals go to heaven?

if so then it would be better to be born an animal!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,128,001 times
im glad nobody has pulled the 'animals have no feelings, they're here for us to eat' crap. ive really noticed people care more about animals today than 10 years ago

Old 12-21-2010, 01:30 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
I never saw this thread when posted as I was away on business and so sorry for the loss of your pet. I always find saying good-bye so very hard. I have heard mixed stories and beliefs about pets and the afterlife.

What I do know is the love that animals provide to humans is so very real. God gave them to us for a special reason. They have enriched my life here on Earth and I pray that I will see them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity