Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 11:41 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows.
"Does not know" implies no "guilty knowledge" (law term). Even in our flawed system of justice the Law recognizes that knowledge or intent is the dividing line between a death sentence and manslaughter. If I had no intent to kill I get manslaughter (few blows) true, but at least I get out of prison after the "few blows" are served.

In God's court there is no light or heavy sentence. One's sins are either totally forgiven and they enter into heaven or they are not and the person is cast into hell to await judgement. There is no halfway with God. One sin is enough to send us to the Lake of Fire if it is not covered by the Blood of Jesus. If we ask for God's forgiveness it is covered, but if we don't know that what we did was wrong, why are we held accountable? And if we didn't ask forgiveness for this sin we had no knowledge we were committing then how can forgiveness come to us? Obviously we weren't capable of asking God for forgiveness because we weren't even aware we were committing sin. So how is it that God holds us accountable and and likely sends us to the Lake for a "few blows" (a lesser intense burning for all eternity) for something we had absolutely no knowledge was wrong and therefore were incapable of asking forgiveness for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 12:50 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
In God's court there is no light or heavy sentence. One's sins are either totally forgiven and they enter into heaven or they are not and the person is cast into hell to await judgement.
Unless you accept Mormonism. Then, you're dealing with a God who deals more justly with sin.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Unless you accept Mormonism. Then, you're dealing with a God who deals more justly with sin.
My confusion just quadrupled. Sorry. If you saw your child sticking a knife into an electrical socket would you whip him, or would you educate him?

Old 11-13-2010, 03:41 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
The will and purpose of God and his calling will come with with no disobedience and complacency in the works or faith in HIS Works of Jesus ......... Like there is no cruise-control in faith with the Lords work or the work will stagnate or stall out, the passions of faith into Jesus work will have to be strong for ministries to be sucessful, and this work will not be rewarding in the earth as many will dispise ministers and forsake them Ministries must stay clean and free from evil forces that will come and challenge them .....I have noticed that miracles of answered prayer when passions are the strongest which are not easy in the flesh... Glory to God

Old 11-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The will and purpose of God and his calling will come with with no disobedience and complacency in the works or faith in HIS Works of Jesus ......... Like there is no cruise-control in faith with the Lords work or the work will stagnate or stall out, the passions of faith into Jesus work will have to be strong for ministries to be sucessful, and this work will not be rewarding in the earth as many will dispise ministers and forsake them Ministries must stay clean and free from evil forces that will come and challenge them .....I have noticed that miracles of answered prayer when passions are the strongest which are not easy in the flesh... Glory to God
Still in the dark. Is there anyone who can answer this in a DIRECT and forthright manner?

Old 11-13-2010, 05:10 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
LOL^^ direct and forthright has arrived. You are experiencing an A-HA moment Thrillobyte, one that makes you question ET. Keep thinking and studying on it, the more you do the less sense it will make.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:32 PM

8 posts, read 6,764 times
God does not respond to different sins in different ways. Sin is sin. There was a time that He winked at ignorance...that is not so today. We are held accountable for our actions. It is through the grace of God and the blood of Jesus that we are washed of our sins. That is why one prays for knowledge, and actively seeks it, along with foregiveness of both sins of comission and commission. The blood of Jesus washes us. It is not a matter of degrees of sins, and whether there are levels in the lake of fire, just as there are no greater or lesser mansions awaiting us in The Day.

Marie

Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
My confusion just quadrupled. Sorry. If you saw your child sticking a knife into an electrical socket would you whip him, or would you educate him?
Thrill i admonish you to continue in this line of thought and you will find the heart of God.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:31 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
My confusion just quadrupled. Sorry.
No, I'm sorry! What did I say that confused you?

Quote:
If you saw your child sticking a knife into an electrical socket would you whip him, or would you educate him?
I would educate him. Why do you ask?

Old 11-14-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

I would educate him. Why do you ask?
Well, if we model our actions as fathers after the Father of all, then we would whip our kid with few blows for not knowing enough to keep the knife out of the electrical socket, even if we'd never taught him to. But according to this verse, God will punish us for something even if we didn't know it was wrong. Would we do that to our child? Then why does God do it to us? Does anybody comprehend where I'm coming from with this? How is it that God holds us accountable for something we have no knowledge is wrong?

"Behold, the man has become as Us to know good and evil". Before Adam and Eve knew evil they could not be punished for something because they had no knowledge of it. After the fall how is it that God....aw to heck with it. I'm sorry I asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity