Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you have to go to church and tithe to be saved ?
can you tithe to a poor person instead of a church ? 0 0%
can u give to charities instead of a church ? 0 0%
can u have church in your heart ? 1 100.00%
can u meet in your house with 2 or 3 people ? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 PM

91 posts, read 580,292 times

Advertisements

i believe in god - still - but i trust no preacher.the hurt has been so deep.how do i sit in a preachers service without all of the questions that plague my mind ?? such as ; what is he hiding or what is his real game or just wait till the offering and see if he wants all my money.i don't think i have to be a church member to be saved but i do miss the fellowship. yet and still, i fell so stupid when i walk into a church. like, here you go again dummy. i know everyone is not bad or corrupt but then again, how do you know who? just because they can preach a good sermon does not make them reall. i don't know. how do you trust again.??? don't say listen to that still small voice inside .there isn't one.anyone out there been through it and still believe???? how did you get through ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 04:48 PM

503 posts, read 929,111 times
Tithing is a lie. Remove it, and much of false Christianity would disappear.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,848,916 times
You believe and the Lord will guide you, we all serve in different ways.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:53 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,963,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaperpins View Post
i believe in god - still - but i trust no preacher.the hurt has been so deep.how do i sit in a preachers service without all of the questions that plague my mind ?? such as ; what is he hiding or what is his real game or just wait till the offering and see if he wants all my money.i don't think i have to be a church member to be saved but i do miss the fellowship. yet and still, i fell so stupid when i walk into a church. like, here you go again dummy. i know everyone is not bad or corrupt but then again, how do you know who? just because they can preach a good sermon does not make them reall. i don't know. how do you trust again.??? don't say listen to that still small voice inside .there isn't one.anyone out there been through it and still believe???? how did you get through ??

Find a social group that has to do with a hobby you may have. Don;t have a hobby, get one.

Modern organized religion will kill you spiritually, this does not mean you cannot find a church that has small groups and join a group where there may be people there that accept you wherever you are within your walk.

Admittedly this is harder than it sounds, but I believe they are out there.

Find a local forum that is associated with your local newspaper or tv station, many of them have religion sections. Post a note asking for local believers to help you find such a group.

Can't find one of those groups? Start one of your own.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 PM

28,149 posts, read 30,093,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaperpins View Post
Well, I'd start by finding a church that doesn't pass a collection plate and whose pastor is not supported by your contributions.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:03 PM

7,614 posts, read 6,123,054 times
Remove the Concept of original sin. With that, you remove fear and guilt, which are the two things cult leaders usse to control their flock.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:08 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,064,678 times
To find a point of Contact with Jesus Christ for your Worship of Charity , you give your charity to Jesus Christ, and if you need prayer give your charity to Jesus by way of People who pray and will give their charity of Prayer, and the world of selfishness and its burden will fall off you.... You need to let it go and hand unforgiveness to Jesus and go under his wing for protection , you need Christians in your life or you will never trust Jesus people again .... Jesus said `` In Matthew18: 4-5...``Whosoever therfore shall humble themselves as this little child, the same is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.....And who so shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me``...........

Old 12-28-2010, 09:12 AM

28,149 posts, read 30,093,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Remove the Concept of original sin. With that, you remove fear and guilt, which are the two things cult leaders usse to control their flock.
Well, my church doesn't teach Original Sin, but if you remove that particular teaching, you'll eliminate Catholicism and most of Protestantism, leaving not a whole lot to pick from.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:19 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
There are only two religions that have ever existed.

A. One that says God or a god requires you to do something on your part to meet some type of demand.

or

B. The other that says to have faith in that God has done everything for you.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Romans 3:20

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

--------------------------------------------
To find trust is to find those who preach the truth.
John 6:40 is the truth.
John 3:36 is the truth.
John 3:16 is the truth.
Romans 3:20 is the truth
Thre truth is still taught. Most of Protestantism preaches this... the church I belong to the core message every week has these themes preached.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:17 PM

91 posts, read 580,292 times
i appreciate all of the good advice. i pray in my heart when i can.i say that because that too is hard. i mean, i prayed once before and look where i was !!! of course i was pretty much born into that religeon and never set foot in another church but that one growing up.{ we were told not to as that was blaspheming }on the other hand, i could still be there so god is good as now i am out. i have been out for a while but i guess now i am confused.i am thinking of starting a bible study in my home. there are so many in this area with no where to go now .about a few hundred believe it or not.i need to be strong for the others. i love them all.just need to know which way to go. when my brothers and sisters in christ come to me with questions, i try to answer without bitterness showing or hatred.i try to remember there is a soul at stake here and don't tottally turn them off to god because he is not to blame. i guess we were. maybe we ignored the signs. anyhow ,i appreciate all the prayers { i hope you are} and all the advice.i am trying to be strong as a giant when i feel as little as a mouse. this sister in christ thanks each and everyone of you. so glad to have found a community where i can share and ask for help .you guys are beautiful...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity